Chapter IX • Titan's Wake

Previously:

"Someone's trying to stop the coronation," Cassandra speculated. "And with the scepter gone, I'm afraid we'll be powerless with what's to come. Even the constellations themselves will cower in fear."

Now:

"The scepter's missing?!" Leo yelled drastically, causing me to flinch. Though Leo is a flirt, he sure is scary.

We're currently seated in what Cassandra calls the 'Council Room'. Apparently, Aecronica has what they call the Divine Council, which is basically Aecronica's version of the Magic Council. This Divine Council consists of the zodiac constellations, the royal advisor (Cassandra), and the current ruler of Aecronica (I filled the position since I'm almost Aecronica's queen). We're all seated around a large conference table, me sitting at the head, while Cassandra and Leo sit at my sides. Callista and Plue weren't allowed into the room since it's for council members only.

We're discussing the matters of the missing coronation folder and the Scepter of Divinity, though I stayed quiet for most of the time. I felt I wasn't really of use at the moment since I don't know anything about this Scepter of Divinity nor Aecronica's gods. Because of my knowledge of the celestial zodiac spirits, it wasn't hard to tell which zodiac is which.

"You've really done it now, bimbo," Aquarius muttered, obviously irked. All the zodiac constellations are here, well most of their 'power personified' is or whatever. I still don't get that.

"Don't blame my child! She didn't get here till yesterday!" Momma Pisces digressed as she stood up from her chair and tackled me into a hug, trying to comfort me while also strangling me to death.

"Mom! Get a hold of yourself!" Pisces-kun groaned as he tore Momma Pisces from the death hug and brought her back to her chair, sitting on her right afterward.

"Can we all just calm down? We need to figure out how to fix this and quick. The coronation will happen as planned, whether or not we get the scepter back," Libra reasoned as she put her fingers on her temples and massaged it. I could tell she was quite frustrated, but it's good she's still being sensible. There's no way of ensuring that we get the scepter back.

"I agree. I know that there was a backup file that held all the coronation preparations, so that should take care of the missing folder," Capricorn commented as he nodded his head.

"What about the scepter?" Gemi, one of the Gemini twins, asked as he tilted his head.

"The power of that thing amazing," Mini, the other Gemini twin, chimed in, joining her brother in tilting her head.

"T-That is true. We might face great punishment from the gods," Aries stammered with her usually quiet voice.

"Punishment?" Virgo joined in, her eyes turning to stars. Of course. Not a single one of them has changed.

"I say we look for clues in Miss Lucy's office regarding the break-in. We might be able to find the culprit," Sagittarius suggested.

"That'll take toooo~ long!" Taurus exclaimed, casually mooing in the middle of his sentence.

"Or we just skip to the party and get a new hairdo," Cancer responded, his shades glimmering as he snipped his scissors.