Chapter XXIX • Love Lies

(Don't play the song in the media yet!)

Previously:

The wheel slowed down as it neared our group's category. "Looks like Lucy and Rogue's category is..." Mato trailed off, the wheel still slowly spinning in suspense before stopping, the red arrow landing on a word.

.

.

.

"Love."

Now:

Of course.  I mentally smack my face at this coincidence but it's obvious I'm frustrated.

"Are you okay, Lucy-sama?" Rogue asked me as I looked over to the Fairy Tail balcony to see Mira squealing and childishly clapping their hands.

"I guess so," I sighed, glancing back to Rogue as Mato hands me a microphone.

"You have 15 seconds to choose a song, kabo!" Mato told us as a lacrima screen counted down from 15.

"Any idea what we'll do?" Rogue asked as I closed my eyes to mentally ask Crux to give me a list of love songs.

"Give me a few seconds. I can find a song," I answered as a list of thousands of love songs popped up in my mind.

I mentally scrolled through the list, passing by many songs.

"5 seconds, kabo!" Mato exclaimed as a song catches my eye.

"We'll sing 'Love Lies' by Khalid ft Normani," I replied as I cracked my eyes open to be met with Rogue. "You know the song?"

He answered with a simple nod as Mato walked away from the center and onto the sidelines.

The music started as the crowd grew quiet. Those who knew the song knew that Rogue was going to be singing first, and people wanted to hear him sing. The emotionless shadow dragon slayer singing seemed impossible, but he was going to sing.

(Play the song in the Media now - "Love Lies" by Khalid ft Normani)

There's a little swearing. You have been warned 😎

Bold - Rogue singing

Italics- Lucy singing

Bold + Italics- Both singing

The guitar strummed in the background as Rogue held his microphone up to his lips and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Sorry if it's hard to catch my vibe."

Rogue's eyes flutter open as everyone's surprised at how well he sings.

"I need a lover to trust, tell me you're on my side.
Are you down for the ride?
It's not easy for someone to catch my eye~."

Rogue glances over to me as I gaze at him with surprise. I smile at how well he's doing before he turns his gaze away.

"But I've been waitin' for you for my whole damn life.
My whole lifetime~."