Chapter XLVIII • Red Hair vs Purple Hair

So, this chapter is later than I intended to post because I had some stuff to go through in real life and I had to write a speech. I was writing that speech for a few days and I wasn't able to write this chapter as much due to writer's block and not having a lot of time to.

Also, I'm going to update this story like about every 2 weeks because I've been itching to try writing a fanfiction that's been an idea in my drafts for a while (which isn't Fairy Tail, so I don't know if you guys would be interested in that).

Thank you guys so much for 7k+ reads and 260+ votes! I know that this slower updates are gonna make the reads and votes increase slower, but I can't really help it when I have writer's block or no motivation 😅

Anyways, that's about it. I hope everyone understands and enjoys this chapter ☺️

Previously:

I had to push through though. First Master Mavis gave me this task and my friends are counting on me. I'm going to win this, despite my negative thinking.

"Nice to see you again, Your Highness."

Now:

She instantly turned around, ignoring the twisted pain of her bruise. She was then met by the eyes of one of the top wizards saints.

"Hello, Jura. How are you?" I asked, making small talk once again with my opponents. Or maybe I was stalling to help my magic energy to increase.

"I've been well," Jura answered with a nod of his head. "Things have definitely been livelier with you back in the Fairy Tail guild."

"It feels good to be back," I chuckled as I stretched my arms upward, my fingers intertwined with each other.

"Would you like time to think of a strategy?" Jura questioned jokingly. "Or should we start the battle now?"

"Please," I scoffed, rolling my eyes as well as rolling my shoulders back to release the tension in them. "I'm the goddess of the stars. I could easily beat you."

"But you have fought other opponents before me, no?" Jura asked - more like informed me of his knowledge. "Your magic energy container wouldn't be full, giving me a chance at winning."

"Smart, but let's wait and see how you fair against me," I retorted as I requipped my constellation bow into my hand. "Just be ready to see Fairy Tail win again."

(This fight will continue in the one of the next chapters because I'm not quite sure how I want this fight to go, which constellation or deity summon to use, how I want the constellation / deity to act, etc.. The next few chapters might be the battles of the other Fairy Tail wizards since Lucy's been focused on a lot for the 5th day)

• 3RD PERSON POV •

Somewhere else in the forest, Erza had finally reached her destination; the foot of a waterfall.

The sound of the water crashing down into the river filled the silence as she observed her surroundings.

The trees were as green as ever, towering over Erza. Of course, the faint sound of lightning was in the distance from Laxus following Mavis' instructions.