Chapter XXVII • The Sleepover

Previously:

"You seem close with them," Callista pointed out as she sat on a bar seat.

"Yeah. That's because we're friends," I responded as I sat next to her. "Why?"

"Do you perhaps..." Callista trailed off with a slight smirk. "Like one of them?"

Now:

"Pftttt! Of course not! At least, not like that," I answered, stifling a laugh. "Why would you think that?"

"I noticed they seemed really protective of you last night," Callista responded. "They barely took their eyes off you."

"Maybe it's because I just got back from disappearing mysteriously for 3 years?" I noted, though I couldn't ignore Callista's perception. Despite her unusual behavior, she's quite attentive, noticing even the slightest things.

"I guess that's true," Callista replied as she shrugged. I let out a breath. If Mira had heard our conversation, I wouldn't be able to catch a break.

We helped Mira clean up the mess the guilds made in the bar. Drinks spills. Glass shattered. Tables and chairs broken. It honestly looked more like a fight instead of a party, but that's just how Fairy Tail is, and I love them for it.

After only a few minutes, we finished and made our way to Mira's hotel room. The bright stars sparkled in the dark sky as we walked carefully through the city. It was silent except for the sound of our heels clicking against the stone ground and the sound of our voices as we talked.

It was around 1:30 am when we reached Mira's room on the 3rd floor of the hotel. Erza, Levy, Wendy, and Carla were already there. Mira then took out her hotel room key, opening the door to reveal a large dark room with no light except for the moonlight that came in through the large glass double doors of the balcony. We quietly entered to avoid waking the sleeping Lisanna who laid in one of the queen beds.

We alternated turns taking our time in the bathroom to get ready. Brushing teeth, changing showering, or whatever they needed to do. Erza, Wendy, Carla, and Levy had already gotten ready in their own rooms before coming over.

Before Mira went to the bathroom to change and shower, she has stamped me and Callista with Fairy Tail's official mark. My usual pink on my normal spot while Callista had gotten a dark purple on her left hand.

I was the last one to shower. When I finished showering, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked to the sink, using the spare unused toothbrush Mira offered. Once I finished, I thought about what I wanted to wear.

Then I thought of the pajamas I wanted to wear as I held my hand out, a blob of light resting in my palm. When the light disappeared, there was a pair of underwear, a black tank top with the word 'dream', and a pair of white shorts with a star and constellation pattern.

 When the light disappeared, there was a pair of underwear, a black tank top with the word 'dream', and a pair of white shorts with a star and constellation pattern