Chapter XIX • Broken Words

Previously:

"You won't die. You'll just freeze. Once you teleport back, you'll be returned to normal," Sarya replied coldly, turning her back on him to search for a new target as Hibiki froze solid, teleporting back to the Blue Pegasus balcony afterward.

Now:

Somewhere else in the forest, Cayden of the Meraki Parastin guild was wandering aimlessly through the forest, unaware an opponent lurked in the shadows.

He continued walking until he was attacked from behind. "Ow!" Cayden yelped as he turned around to find another competitor. "Well, if it isn't a tiger."

Rogue simply got into a battle stance. Unbeknownst to him, he was a serious disadvantage. The Magnar kid was allowed the use of his magic, while all Rogue had was a small battle axe and a spooky staff.

Cayden followed Rogue's lead, getting into a battle stance as well. Cayden summoned a sword to his right hand as Rogue just looked at him, expressionless. Though he may not have shown it, he was shocked, then worry soon took over as he knew of the situation and his disadvantage.

The sword was an iron longsword with some red in the middle of the silver blade. The hilt was red with some curled spikes where the blade and hilt connected. (It's the same picture of his clothing \/ just focus on the sword this time)

Cayden rushed towards the shadow dragon slayer, knowing that he was unable to use magic

Cayden rushed towards the shadow dragon slayer, knowing that he was unable to use magic. It was a little obvious. If he could use his magic, he wouldn't need the weapons that he held.

Though Rogue was never one to use weaponry on missions, or in general, he was a decently skilled swordsman and a master in hand-to-hand combat.

Cayden swung his sword as Rogue blocked with his axe. Using the spirit staff that he held in his other hand, he quickly struck Cayden's stomach with its edge. The orange-haired requip mage stumbled back at the sudden impact.

Cayden decided it wasn't time to play games anymore. He was this close to obtaining 1st place for this event.

The orange-haired knight summoned another sword - one that looked exactly the same - to his other hand, dual-wielding longswords. Though his swords weren't as cool or powerful as the great Erza Scarlet's weaponry, he was an excellent swordsman with a range of weaponry at his disposal. He didn't see the need to summon the more powerful ones until he met someone who was able to use magic.

Cayden lunged towards his black-haired opponent as Rogue waved the staff in the air, emitting a faint white glow. Spirits and ghosts then came up from the ground, making loud, spooky noises. Cayden was taken aback, being surprised at the transparent souls that surrounded him. Rogue took this chance to strike him, sending his opponent backward.