Chapter XIV • Day 1

Previously:

"When will I meet them?" Callista asked.

"Soon."

Now:

• Time Skip ~ 10:00 am 

"Welcome back to X796's Grand Magic Games! I'm Chapati Lola and I'm here with Mr. Yajima, the owner of 8-Island restaurant in Hargeon!" A loud voice boomed through the microphone. It's now the next morning and Callista and I are seated on the stone statues of Domus Flau. "Our guest judge for today is none other than Fiore's queen. Hisui Fiore!"

"Hello everyone," Hisui greets into the microphone.

"Now let's introduce this year's participants! In 8th place is Splitforce!" Chapati exclaimed as a team of 3 guys and 2 girls come out. The crowd stays mostly silent except for a few claps. At least the crowd didn't boo. I guess they're not well known.

"In 7th place is Quatro Cerberus!" Yajima announced as the same Quatro Cerberus team from X791 comes out.

"WILD!" The team cheered as the crowd just simply claps. I guess they're still not as popular since being called Quatro Puppy in X791.

"In 6th place is Blue Pegasus!" Chapati voiced as team Blue Pegasus comes into the arena. Instead of Ichiya #2, they went with Jenny Realight this year. The crowd, mostly the girls, erupt into cheers and claps. The Blue Pegasus waves and bows to the crowd as it moves to the side so more teams can come into the arena.

"In 5th place, Meraki Parastin!" Yajima exclaimed. That's a new one. A team full of 5 boys soon comes into the arena. Judging by the crowd, they're pretty well known. The crowd, mainly women once again, erupts into cheers and claps. They're honestly not bad looking. They're pretty decent looking and I can tell they have at least a little skill to back them up.

"In 4th, Mermaid Heel!" Chapati hollered as a team of 5 girls come into the arena. The crowd roars, being both female and male. The women are probably proud to have a full team of women in the Grand Magic Games again, and the men... well they're men.

"3rd place is Lamia Scale!" The same Lamia Scale team from the X791 comes into the arena, which confuses me. I thought Jura left Lamia Scale for the magic council. Oh well. He probably took a break from the serious stuff to join the games. The crowd cheers and claps for the team as they take their place in the arena.

"In 2nd place, the team of tigers! Sabertooth!" The crowd roars with excitement as the Sabertooth team comes out, having Yukino, Rogue, Orga, Rufus, and Minerva as its members. Kind of obvious, since Sting is now the guild master and guild masters aren't allowed to participate.

"Now in 1st place! The team of our favorite reckless fairies! Fairy Tail!" Cheers and hollers soon erupt again, being louder than ever, as team Fairy Tail steps out into the arena. I begin to clap with the audience as Callista starts cheering like there's no tomorrow.

"Now, will all the teams make their way to their designated balconies?" Chapati told all the guild teams. Once everyone got to their balconies he started to explain Day 1's event. "Today's event is the Kingdom Raid! Each team please send down one of their members to participate!" 

I wonder who Fairy Tail will put out.

As time passes, 8 different wizards made their to the arena, a lacrima-vision showing the name and the guild of the participants. "From Lamia Scale, we have Yuka Suzuki!" Chapati announces.

"From Mermaid Heel, we have Millianna!" Yajima voiced as the lacrima-vision shows Millianna.

"From Quatro Cerberus, we have Semmes!"