Chapter XVII • Fairy Tail vs Splitforce

Previously:

• LAXUS' POV •

"Water Wave!" Kairius motions his hand upward, sending a wave of water to collide with my lightning dragon's roar. A water wizard. This might prove to be a little more difficult than I originally thought.

Now:

• LUCY'S POV •

"Uh oh, Thunder Cheeks might have a hard time with this match," Callista says, making me burst out laughing.

"First of all, don't call Laxus that to his face," I tell her. "And second, Laxus is one of the strongest wizards I know. Have a little faith."

"Lightning Dragon's Heavenward Halberd!" Laxus yelled as he threw a spear made of lightning at his opponent.

"Water Dragon!" Kairius exclaimed, motioning his fist upwards. A blue magic circle appeared in front of him, a large Chinese dragon made of water soon coming out of it. Kairius motioned his hand towards the spear of lightning coming towards his way. The dragon follows the command, intercepting the spear and defusing the lightning magic, though the dragon seemed unaffected due to it being made of water.

Laxus seemed to be irked that his opponent didn't move. Laxus then removed his jacket, setting it off to the side. He then ran towards his opponent with his fist guiding him. "Lightning Dragon's Iron Fist!" His fist is consumed by lightning, increasing the damage of his attack.

Kairius seemed unimpressed as he moved his hand towards the lightning dragon slayer. The water dragon followed the command and launched towards Laxus, colliding with him, pushing him off to the side.

I simply growled. "Lulu, you okay?" Callista asked me, diverting her gaze away from the match.

"He's not even fighting Laxus himself. He's just making his dragon do all the work while he doesn't even move from his spot," I scoffed in disgust. At least I fight alongside my spirits.

"Maybe Lulu should have some faith in Thunder Cheeks," Callista told me, mocking me from earlier.

I giggled and I nod towards her. "You're right." I face back towards the match and I cup my hands around my mouth. "YOU BETTER NOT LOSE THUNDER CHEEKS!" I yelled as loud as I could, cheering Laxus on even though he might not hear me.

• STING'S POV •

"YOU BETTER NOT LOSE THUNDER CHEEKS!" I immediately burst out laughing at the name Laxus was just called. My guildmates look at me with confused expressions as we were on Sabertooth's balcony watching the match.

"Sting? Are you okay?" Lector asked me as he stood on the stone railing.

"Yeah. Just heard something funny," I replied before facing back to the match. Man, I really wanna meet whoever said that.

• LUCY'S POV •

"Lightning Dragon's Breakdown Fist!" Laxus pulled his arm back then pushed the air, launch a fist of lightning toward the water wizard.

Kairius simply responded by lifting his hand up towards the incoming lightning fist. The dragon obeyed its master's command, intercepting the thundering fist before it made impact on its target.

"Unbelievable..." I mutter under my breath. I could tell the crowd was also getting a little bored at the fact that there was no real battle. I mean, he's fighting against Laxus Dreyar of Fairy Tail but he's just standing, letting his dragon take all the blows and lunging to attack every once in a while.