Chapter XIII • Years

Previously:

"And with that, let me introduce to you, Lucy Heartfilia, Goddess of the Stars and the new queen of Aecronica!"

Now:

• NATSU'S POV + Time Skip ~ 10:00 pm, July 11th, X796 

Weeks turned into months. Months turned into 1 year. 1 turned into 2. It's now been a little over 3 years since Lucy left us. As the months passed, everyone slowly got over it, even me. If she ever decides to return to Fairy Tail, we'll welcome her with open arms, though that sliver of hope that she'll return has slowly disappeared over the years. I still remember what happened a few months after Lucy's 18th birthday made that hope reignite. 

"Jura? What is it you need of Fairy Tail?" Gramps questioned the 4th ranked wizard saint.

"I'm sorry I couldn't arrive sooner. I've been busy with the magic council," Jura apologized as he stepped towards the master of Fairy Tail.

"No worries. Now, what is it you need?"

"A few months ago, Que- Lucy sent me to give you this." Jura reached into his satchel to look for what he needed. The name Lucy immediately drew the attention of the guild to the wizard saint, though it made everyone curious as to what he really wanted to say.

"Lucy? You saw Lucy? Where is she?!" I questioned as I ran up to the tall man. It's been months since anyone's seen her.

"Unfortunately, that is classified information. I only saw her the day of her birthday," Jura explained as he took a golden flower out of his bag. "She told me to give this to you as a way to say 'Never forget me'." He held the golden flower out to me, as if knowing that out of all people, I would want to be the first one to hold the flower their former guildmate requested be delivered.

I hold the golden flower in my hand, feeling the stares of my guildmates, both out of sadness and sympathy. I hug the flower close to my chest as I start to feel tears well up in my eyes. Stupid Luce. How could I forget you?

It's now time for the Grand Magic Games (of course). Gramps decided to participate this year. We didn't participate in the games the year Lucy left then the year after, but after Fairy Tail started losing its reputation again, we decided to participate last year, and now we're participating this year.

We're only having one team this year, to let the other guilds have a chance. Team Fairy Tail consists of Erza, Gray, Laxus, Gajeel, and me, of course. The preliminary round is tonight at midnight so right now we're just exploring Crocus. Man, the memories of our first Grand Magic Games are flooding in.

• LUCY'S POV 

"You sure you have everything you need?" Cassandra questioned, checking Callista and mine's bag for the 100th time. 

"Yes Cass. Don't worry about us. I've been training for the last few years. Have a little faith," I giggled as I put a comforting hand on Cassandra's shoulder. Over the years of my training, I've grown fond of Cassandra. She's like a big sister to me. She may be a little too stern and assertive sometimes but she's only looking out for us, kind of like Erza. She's almost like a mother figure.

"And I'll be there to protect Lulu when she needs it!" Callista exclaimed as she pulled Cassandra into a hug. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I will too. Make sure to visit you guys," Cassandra sighed into the hug as I joined the hug as well. Today's the day I return to Earthland. Right now, we're standing in the open gardens of the castle. All the zodiacs are here to send me off as well, though they stepped back to give us a moment with Cassandra as they can see me while I'm in Earthland while Cassandra cannot.