Chapter XLIV • Corona Borealis

Previously:

"I'm just happy I got to beat some people up," Sobek laughed before disappearing into the lake, returning to where he was before I summoned him.

"I just barely made it," I thought to myself as I faced the boulder and turned left to go around the lake. "Now to move onto the next opponent."

Now:

• 3RD PERSON POV + 5 MINUTES EARLIER •

There were several lacrima screens around the Domus Flau, showing all the participants and what they were doing. There was a screen showing Lucy battling Sarya and Phedalea while there was one showing Bridget, the constellation Lucy had summoned and sent in the opposite direction.

The other screens were showing the contestants walking around the forest, while very few were battling against other team members.

Bridget had been walking for about 5 minutes already until she stumbled upon the person she was told she'd meet, and inevitably fight against.

Bridget got ready, trying to look as powerless and scared as possible. "E-Excuse me?" Bridget stammered, catching the boy's attention. She was a little shorter than him, residing a little taller than his shoulders.

"Hello?" He questioned with surprise before his eyes softened upon the gaze of the eye-catching female. "Are you lost? Pretty women like you aren't supposed to be out here during the games."

"You're a participant?" Bridget asked the unfamiliar blonde boy with a button-up shirt and a tie. "What's your name?" She inwardly smiled.

"My name's Eve, of the Blue Pegasus guild," the boy introduced with a little bow. He moved closer to the girl as he looked around the forest warily. "I should get you out of here."

"That won't be necessary," Bridget smiled sweetly, earning a confused look from the Blue Pegasus mage.

"But I wouldn't want for you to be hurt," Eve said with worry. By now, they were within arms length. (STAY 6 FT AWAYYYYYYY EEEEEEEE lol and the constellation name is Corona Borealis- i swear i didn't plan this)

"I was summoned to defeat you," Bridget replied.

Eve still stood confused until it hit him. "Summoned? Are you a celestial spirit or-"

Eve was then cut off from Bridget changing forms. Bridget's shape changed drastically like she was shifting like a werewolf.

Bridget grew taller and more muscular. Her brown hair disappeared, being replaced with brown fur all over her body. She gained bronze armor on her calves, torso, right forearm, and left arm. Her feet changed to hooves and horns sprouted from her head. Her ears and nose changed to those of a bull's as a gold nose ring appeared on her muzzle. In her right hand, a large bronze battle axe with a bull's head designed on its blade. Bridget still wore her simple blue dress, but it was no longer long and flowy due to her new figure. Bridget was now a minotaur, but her feminine features were still evident.

 Bridget was now a minotaur, but her feminine features were still evident