Chapter XXXVII • Closer

Previously:

"I don't sing," Laxus scoffed as I shook my head.

"Well, you're gonna have to," I told him as Mira started the song and the music started playing in the background.

Now:

"Well, sh-" Laxus began before the music cut him off, making him hesitantly bring the microphone up to his mouth.

(Play song in media now - song: Closer by The Chainsmokers ft Halsey)

Bold = Laxus singing
Italics = Lucy singing
Bold + Italic = Both singing

"Hey.
I was doing just fine before I met you.
I drink too much and that's an issue, but I'm okay."

Laxus glanced over to me as I gave him a large smile and a thumbs up, cheering him on as he playfully rolls his eyes.

"Hey.
You tell your friends it was nice to meet them,
but I hope I never see them again."

Laxus looked at me before nodding his head in the direction of Gajeel, Gray and Natsu fighting with Erza breaking up the fight and Levy trying to hold Gajeel back, causing me to giggle.

"I know it breaks your heart.
Moved to the city in a broke down car
and,
four years, no calls.
Now you're lookin' pretty in a hotel bar and,
I~I~I can't stop.
No, I~I~I can't stop."

Laxus then took my hand, pulling me closer as he gazed into my chocolate brown eyes.

"So, baby, pull me closer,
in the backseat of your Rover,
that I know you can't afford.
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder."

Laxus had seemed to get over having to sing in front of a crowd as his eyes softened and he wasn't as tense as before.

"Pull the sheets right off the corner
of the mattress that you stole,
from your roommate back in Boulder.
We ain't ever getting older."

I released my hand from his grasp as I happily shuffle danced to the beat of the music. He just looked at me as he chuckled, though not joining me.

"We ain't ever getting older."

I took his hand and danced, trying to get him to at least not look so stiff. He reluctantly joined me as I begged him. I smiled as his dancing was even all that bad.

"We ain't ever getting older."

I jokingly teased him about dancing as I entered my verse.

"You,
look as good as the day I met you.
I forget just why I left you,
I was insane."

I crossed my eyes as I whirling my finger around my ear to show I was crazy. Laxus just scoffed with a chuckle as he rolled his eyes.

"Stay,
and play that blink-182 song,
that we beat to death in Tucson.
Okay."

I made my left hand into half a heart as I held the microphone in my right hand. I held up the half heart then tilted it as if my heart was broken while I pouted.