Getting There

-PICTURE-----OF---------MEL----------TO--------THE-----LOWER-----RIGHT------>>>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mouth is dry in shock. I look down at where my hands should be and see nothing but the compartment beneath me.

My mouth is so dry I could probably pass out with the dehydration. I fumble through my bag and feel my hands rest on a bottle of water. I take it out.

It looks like the water bottle is simply floating around, because, you know, I'm invisible. I'm about to take a sip when I begin to wonder how this will look.

Will I see the water going through me or will it become invisible just like me? Only one way to find out.

I gulp some down and see that it disappears as it enters my body. My invisible stomach rumbles and I take a bite out of a sausage roll and before I know it my eyes begin to droop and I fall asleep.

I wake up to the noise of a woman on an intercom. She announces happily, "Welcome to Georgia. Enjoy your stay, we hope to see you again soon."

I groan, grab my bag and jump out of the compartment. The moment my feet make contact with the floor I become visible again. I'm so unaware of things because I just woke up. I trudge out of the plane slowly. The man at the door beams, "Have a nice stay."

I sheepishly smile and find myself at the airport. I take a bite out of an apple and buy a coke at a vending machine. I then look at a clock up ahead and see the time is 6pm. I walk out of the airport and into the evening air.

I search for a cab and run over when I see one.

"Hi. Where are ya heading for?" asks the driver with a smile. This time, it's a very pretty young woman. She has long brown hair, kind green eyes and a warm smile.

I smile. "Waycross."

She nods. "Far, isn't it?"

I eat a bit of the chicken I bought back home. I shrug, "Yeah. But it's pretty close compared to where I'm going."

She begins to drive. "Where ya going?"

"Florida."

She takes it in. "And are your folks okay with that?"

I close my eyes. "I have no folks."

The rest of the time in the car drags by slowly. I have to say, the girl is pretty nice. Her name is Melinda. She is 18 years old. That makes three years difference. She actually gives me her phone number too. She says to ring it whenever I need her.

This girl is my first friend and to be honest, I really need a friend. We pull up beside a hotel in Waycross. I get my bag and hop out. "Thanks so much" I say, closing the car door, "How much is that?"

She smiles, "Free."

I stop. "What? No! I -"

"Just accept it." she shrugs.

I smile "Thanks Mel."

She hops back into her car. "Text me soon!" she says and then she drives off.

I smile and walk into the hotel.  

Two men stand behind the reception desk.

"Miss?" greets one of them as I walk up.

"Could I please have a one bedroom apartment for the night?" I ask officiantly.

One of them nods. "That's $49 please. Breakfast will be served at 8:10 tomorrow morning. Your room is number 217. Have a nice stay."

I nod and take the key off him. I get lost a couple of times when looking for my room. I eventually find it and slip my pajamas on.

I see a button by my bed and press it curiously. A voice says "What would you like?"

I smile mischievously and declare "Salt and Vinegar Pringles and a bottle of Lemonade."

The voice answers "Your food will be here soon."

I smile once again. I was going to have some fun tonight...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, heather made a friend?

the friend was named Melinda after my friend cus she was in the room as I wrote this chapter. :)

so Yup.

vote, comment, fan, chat me, ENJOY :D

-Lisaa<3