Time

The time has come for me to leave. I slip on the outfit Mel gave me and feel the fabric, still shocked it could actually be bulletproof. I sit down on my velvet bed and stare out the window that reveals the forest nearby. I hear a knock on the door.

"I'm coming now," I call.

"Okay," replies the voice, Luke.

I slowly get up and open the door. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I sit down beside Mel. Everyone is silent.

"I know what I'm going to do," I say, breaking the silence.

"Yes?" asks Dad, "And what's that?"

"I would rather not say," I mutter.

"Oh, okay," he says.

"Heather, eat some breakfast," orders Mum.

"I'm not hungry," I argue.

"You need food, eat," she insists.

I groan and see what selection we have for breakfast. My eyes brighten as I see french toast, okay, I was hungry. I slip three slices onto my plate and greedily eat them all. Then I take another two and eat them.

"Heather!" scolds Mel.

"Leave her be, she'll be hungry on her journey," says mum.

Mel nods seriously and I laugh as I drink a sip of milk. The clock ticks and the time is now ten a.m. My smile fades as I remember how close I am to leaving.

Mum senses my nervousness and says, "It's okay, come on, I want to show you something." She leaves the room and I follow her out.

She hands me a small bag, "Take this with you, okay?"

I give her a confused look, "It's sorta small, don't you think?"

She winks, "Forget my power, did you?"

Mums power. Making huge places look small.

"Oh, cool," I say with a smile.

She nods, "Now, go say your goodbyes. It's about time you leave."

I bite my lip, "Yeah, o- okay."

I walk slowly back to the kitchen, I could be mistaken as a snail at this moment. Mel runs up to me and gives me a tight hug, "Kill that idiot, okay?"

I laugh, "I'll try."

She releases me and pats my back, "G'luck Heather." I smile and get hugged again my Dad and Mum.

"Goodbye," I murmur before I disappear into the sun.

--------------------------------

Very short, I must say and I apologise! x

I'm just not in a writing mood but I wanted to make a chapter/snippet as I might not be able to for a couple of days :P

I'm making a longer book called "The Prize" it has not yet been published and will be updated once a week until I finish this story (then it will be updated around three times a week) :) But anyways...

Be ready for action, sadness and surprise coming up... :)

Get me 20 fans by next chapter! :) Pweaassseee...

And I'm not updating until this has 2 comments, 2 votes and 10 views. Yup.

So Comment, Vote and Read!

-Lisaa<3