The Wide Window Part 2

♪ Look away, look away ♪
♪ This show will wreck your evening
Your whole life and your day ♪
♪ Every single episode
Is nothing but dismay ♪
♪ So look away
Look away, look away ♪
♪ Y/N and the Baudelaires new guardian is racked with fear and panic ♪
♪ They end up on a boat that might as well be the Titanic ♪
♪ We polled a bunch of adults 99% agree ♪
♪ There must be something happier on screen for you to see ♪
♪ Just look away, look away ♪
♪ There's nothing but horror
And inconvenience on the way ♪
♪ Ask any stable person "Should I watch?"
And they will say ♪
♪ Look away, look away, look away ♪
♪ Look away, look away ♪

Y/N's POV

"Dear Y/N, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny. By the time you read this note, my life will be at it's end. My heart is as cold as Ike, and I find my life inbearable. I know your children may not understand the sad life of a dowadger, or what would have lead...leadled me to this desperate akt...but please know that I am much happier this way. As my last will and testament, I leave you three in the care of Captain Sham, a kind and honorable men. Please think of me kindly, even though I'd done this terrible thing. Josephine Anwhistle," Klaus read aloud. 
"It can't be," said Violet. 

Lemony Snicket's POV

Can't be. When you lose someone important to you, "it can't be" are often the words that run through your saddened head. It can't be that I've lost someone so important. It can't be that I will never see them again. It can't be, it can't be...it can't be. My name is Lemony Snicket, and it is my job to report the history of the Baudelaire orphans, but it can't be that you have nothing better to do. The Baudelaires believed, incorrectly, that they would never see their Aunt Josephine again, but it can't be that you are interested in watching them suffer as her last words echo again and again throughout her empty and doomed house. It can't be.

Y/N's POV

Violet took out the card Mr. Poe gave her and dialed the number. She explained what happened then read the note. 
"As my last will and testament, I leave you three in the care of Captain Sham, a kind and honorable men. Please think of me kindly even though I'd done this terrible thing." she read aloud to the person on the phone. "Yes, yes. I understand. I'll tell them. Of course, I'll tell them. I promise I'll tell them. Goodbye," she said, in a a fake joyful tone before hanging up. She looked to us in disappointment, handing the note back to Klaus. "Mr. Poe says we can always rely on Mulctuary Money Management," she sighed.
"I just can't believe it," said Klaus.
"It's all there in ink and shaky handwriting. Aunt Josephine is dead and she's left us in the care of Count Olaf," said Violet.
"It's not right. There's something funny about this note," said Klaus as he studied the note.
"There's nothing funny about a woman throwing herself out a window," said Violet.
"Not funny as in a funny joke. Funny as in a funny... smell," Klaus trailed. Violet and I exchanged looks and looked to Klaus with a perplexed expression. 
"Let me show you," said Klaus as he headed back towards the library and at the small nightstand next to the reading couch, He switched the lamp on. 
"In the very first sentence, she says, "My life will be at it's end.""
"And now it is," I spoke up. 
"That's not what I mean," Klaus replied.
"She says "it's," I-T-apostrophe-S, meaning "it is." She means I-T-S. That's a sizable grammatical error."
"Who cares about grammatical errors when she jumped out a window?" asked Violet.
"Aunt Josephine would've cared. She said grammar was the greatest joy in life," Klaus defended.
"That's not enough. No matter how much she liked grammar, she says she found her life unbearable," Violet argued.
"That's another error. She didn't say she found her life unbearable, with a U. She said she found her life inbearable, with an I. That's not a word," Klaus explained.
"Our situation isn't inbearable. It's unbearable," I said.
"Yeah, Aunt Josephine left us in the care of Captain Sham, and I don't know what we can do about it," said Violet.
"I wish we'd never read Mr. Poe that note. Then we could've torn it up and forged a new one in her handwriting that didn't mention... Captain Sham," said Klaus, glumly.
"Wouldn't it be difficult to imitate her handwriting?" I asked.
"Maybe it's not her handwriting at all," said Klaus.
"Olaf," said Sunny. We looked out the window at the silhouette of the woman who had jumped out of the window to end her life.