Epilogue

People stood in silence. No one said a thing as they looked down at the grave. She was really dead... the princess that brought everyone happiness was gone.

Sobbing from multiple people could be heard throughout the mostly silent crowd. Even the goddess race decided to come down and mourn the loss of the young diety.

Her father was the first one to break the silence.

"My daughter was a kind, gentle soul who had nothing but love to give to the world. I know all of you are hurting and I know some of you may even blame others... but please know this is no ones fault.."

You cried into Zeldris' shoulder as the king spoke. You knew it was your fault it could be no one else's. You knew you had to keep your emotions in check and yet you failed to do so. It's all your fault. God damnit!!

"It's not your fault..." Zeldris spoke. Your eyes widened a bit, it's like he read your mind.

He chuckled dryly. "No I can't read your mind, but I do know you. You acted this way last time."

Oh yeah last time...

Zeldris seemed to notice that you looked even sadder and cursed at himself.

"Look, what I'm trying to say is you're being to hard on yourself. What Elizabeth chose to do isn't your fault." You knew what he was saying was right, but you still felt guilty. You opened your mouth to say something until you felt a pair of arms wrap around you.

You looked behind you to see Meliodas hugging your waist.

"He's right you know. You can't blame yourself for everything..." It hurt at this point... it hurt to cry. Your eyes stung your, nose hurt, and your throat was dry. You stayed silent not giving a response to his comment trying to listened to the king again. You only caught the tail end of the kings speech, but you heard him say.

"If anyone has words to say please step forward. All of your kindness is appreciated." You wanted to say something so bad, but you didn't know if you should.

Mostly everyone went up one at a time saying things they liked about the princesses and how good she was. After everyone went up the king began to speak again.

"Thank you to everyone who came up here. We appreciate your kind w-"

"Wait!" You interrupted making everyone turn and face you. Some scowling, but you ignored it.

"I-I would like to say something." The king smiled weakly. "Of course. Come on up."

You slowly walked on up and stood in front of the casket. You took a deep breath.

"Look I know some of you probably don't care what I have to say... some of you may even blame me for Elizabeth's death."

There was a change in atmosphere, you could feel it. Taking a deep breath you continued.

"I get it and I do too."

Another shift.

"But I do believe the princess died because she wanted her friends to be happy.... so I think today instead of mourning the death of princess Elizabeth we should celebrate the life she lived as a sign that her sacrifice was not in vein!"

Everyone was silent for a moment. You began to feel a bit awkward until a guy yelled.

"She's right do you really princess Elizabeth would want us to be sad?" It was Gil.

"Exactly! And do you think she would really want us to blame her death on the person she loved?!" It was Margaret. Elizabeth's sister. You had never met her, but Elizabeth always spoke nothing but good words about her sisters.