Chapter 1: A Nice Surprise

September

I know that people say that you lose your friends when you graduate high school. That was mostly true except for me and Spades. Every Tuesday we would go to Wendy's and talk about everything that was happening. I took a semester off so that I could sleep and recharge my brain. Spades went straight into university. We hadn't heard from Clubs since graduation day. Spades was getting worried and asked me if I could ask some of the other girls from our connected group if he changed his number or something. Something in my head told me to wait.

We were checking out restaurants and being careful and safe new adults. Just kidding, I started talking to a 24 year old on discord. In all honesty, I got bored and went online to a game called Imvu. I was in a place of extreme boredom and made the stupid decision to talk to this guy. I figured it'd be ok because he is all the way on the other side of the country and I never gave him any identifying information. I told Spades what I was doing and she asked me if I loved him. Truth be told, you can't love someone if you don't know exactly who you're talking to. How would I know if he was just playing a character. I also lied to him about a lot of things. 

October    

Nothing much changed except for the fact that we had halloween to look forward to. For Halloween I helped my mom take my brother and cousins trick or treating. I went as a blue fairy. We went to the mall first. We went to a restaurant called smash burger and I  saw a really cute guy dressed as Harry Potter. He smiled at me and gazed into my eyes. Sadly I never saw him again after that. 

Spades didn't go trick or treating. 

November 

Now things were more stressful for Spades because finals were approaching. I told her that i'd always be there for her no matter what happens. Thanksgiving was also coming up and that meant people asking me what I was doing with my life. It's annoying when people ask that question because it means I have to have cemented plans. Life is what happens regardless of your plans. 

I mainly slept all day so, if I was needed to do something like pick up my brother from his bus stop, I could do it.

December

Spades and I had more free time to hang out. We went to the mall to buy our parents Christmas gifts. That day I blocked and deleted the 24 year old guy from discord. I also get a text from someone I haven't heard from in a long time. You guessed right, It was Clubs. My first instinct was to text Spades because she was really concerned about not hearing from him. She said that he texted her too so basically, crisis averted. I made a group chat for us and we caught up. 

I went to another state to visit some family members for Christmas. We still texted throughout this vacation. I had to send them that Merry Christmas text at 12. They responded pretty quickly and then we all went to sleep. The next day it was Clubs's birthday. We texted him happy birthday and surprisingly we received no response. He was having technical difficulties and his texts weren't coming through. We all restarted our phones and everything was back to normal. We also started making plans to play Dungeons and Dragons. Clubs said he'd include his friend that was in another state.