Chapter 6: Like A Moth To A Flame

A raging inferno traps Castiel. His skin begins to crackle and peels from his muscles. He screams. Suddenly, there is a cold hand on his flesh, and it's healing the damage the fire caused. Castiel looks up the arm into the face of some unknown angel. His eyes flash green, and Castiel begins to weep. The angel's snowy wings spread far out from behind them, cocooning them both. Castiel closes his eyes, sobbing into the soft feathers. "Thank you," he whispers over and over, clinging to the creature who saved his life.

Castiel startles awake when he feels something substantial touch his arm. "Who?" He questions, and looks over the side of the bed at Samantha. "Oh, hello, Samantha. I'm afraid you caught me in the middle of a dream. You'll have to excuse me," Castiel explains and pulls himself up the bed. He takes a rattling breath, reaching for the oxygen mask.

"Here, Boss, let me," Samantha offers, reaching the mask and putting the strap over the back of her employer's head and adjusts the plastic over his face. "Are they going to send a tank of this stuff home with you?" She asks while pulling a chair up.

"No. The doctors are sure that this small stint will be enough to boost the blood oxygen levels in my body. I'm glad I won't have to carry a tank with me. I'm too young to be that old," Castiel grins from behind the mask. "You're here earlier than I expected. Did something happen?" He asks, his eyes hopeful.

Samantha smiles wide. "I found him," she breathes out, waiting on her boss's reaction.

Castiel's eyes widen, and tears quickly fill them. They fall down his cheeks, and he quickly wipes them away. "He's real?" He whispers.

"Yeah, Boss, he's real. You'll never believe who it is. Dean Winchester. The perv with the tentacle porn," Samantha giggles. 

"Now, now, Samantha. We do not kink shame. People enjoy what they enjoy. It is a perfect coincidence that the same man I was ogling from behind a screen is the same man who saved my life. I will have to find a way to repay him. Perhaps he will take a refund for his special order, and allow me to deliver it when I get out of here," Castiel trails off.

"Earth to Mr. Novak," Samantha says, snapping her fingers loudly in front of Castiel's face.

"Yes?" Castiel asks, turning his attention to his employee.

"You can thank him tonight. He's coming to visit you after dinner tonight. I hope that's your good hospital gown," Samantha teases. "Castiel. I have to be honest. I have never seen a more perfect person for you. He is everything you've ever gushed about. I am totally on hashtag team Destiel," she snorts.

"Team what? Destiel? Is that some kind of ship?" Castiel questions, mouthing the word again. It has a nice ring to it. Maybe he can pass it by Dean tonight and see what he thinks. Fuck! Dean is coming to the hospital. He is in no state to entertain a handsome man, how is he going to manage this? Castiel's thoughts begin to spiral, and that familiar dizzy feeling takes hold in his head. He closes his eyes to still the world around him. "It will be very nice to see Dean tonight. I admit that I will have trouble containing my excitement," Castiel shares with his employee.

Samantha watches as her boss works out whatever it is in his brain. "You're going to be just fine, sir. Just be your usual helpful and sassy self, and you'll have him eating out of the palm of your hand, or maybe that should be your lap?" She chuckles and looks at the man with glistening eyes. "I am extremely grateful that Dean pulled you from that building. Working for you has changed my life, Castiel. I don't know where I would be without you. If bringing you and Dean together is the most I can do for now, then I hope on all the hopes that this works out. Gawds I hope he's gay," Samantha wishes into the room and is startled when Castiel laughs loud.