Chapter 8: Light Me Up

To say that Dean's first meeting with the insanely gorgeous man he pulled from a burning building went the way he thought it might be a complete and utter lie. There was no way he was expecting what happened between them to have actually happened. The amount of tension between them completely caught him off guard and knocked the breath out of him. He remembers Samantha telling Dean that her boss had been 'worked up' by him, and he had caught Castiel's attention through the security. But Jesus hell, the man was right out of one of Dean's wet dreams.

Dean came out as bisexual a few years ago, and he didn't care who knew. Also, it had hardly been news to the few people close to him. However, there was one problem and one thing making him a little nervous about this sinfully magnetic man. Dean has never actually been with another man.

If he's honest with himself, he hasn't been with much of anyone. Growing up, when most kids his age were hooking up with each other, Dean was busy taking care of Sam and cleaning up his father's messes, whether it be an unpaid bar tab or the scattered cans and glass bottles. After that, his schooling and training ate up pretty much all of his free time, so he didn't have time to date. Truthfully, Dean doesn't mind since no one has really ever made him feel as intrigued as a particular business owner.

Dean grabs his phone from its spot on the couch next to him and checks for any new notifications. Nothing. He lets out a soft sigh, dropping the phone on his lap. He assumed Castiel would have been discharged from the hospital by now and was hoping to hear from him. He grabs his coffee and takes a quick sip, trying to pay attention to the movie he put on, but finding it difficult to concentrate.

Dean's phone starts to ring, "Highway to Hell," blaring through the tiny speaker.

Thankful for the distraction, Dean sighs as he grabs his phone and swipes to answers. "Hello?" He says into the speaker.

"Where are you right now?" The very annoyed feminine voice asks.

Dean's eyes narrow, grabbing the remote and turning the television off. "Um, home?" He furrows his brow, thinking of to whom the voice belongs.

"I think you promised to take care of a certain someone. Or am I mistaken?" The voice accuses.

"Samantha?" Dean tries. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?" He asks, pushing himself to his feet.

"I can't be there all the time, and I think that someone needs to be there with Castiel. He told me that you gave him your phone number and offered to help. Well, I think you should help him. His address is twenty-five thirty-six Blue Cloud Way. I dropped him off last night," Samantha says, her voice mellowing out.

Dean grabs a pen and notepad in his kitchen, writing down the address. "I'm not disagreeing with you, but now you're directing me to bother him at his house?" He runs a hand over his face. "He... he doesn't have anyone?" Dean asks, concerned but also wanting to learn more about Castiel.

"You and I are it, buddy," Samantha snorts.

Dean frowns slightly at the news and looks down at his watch. "Alright, I'm not doing anything, so I can head over there with some breakfast," he clears his throat. "What does he like?" Dean asks, tapping his pen on the notepad.

"I don't know him that well, Casanova. He's my boss. You'll have to figure that on your own," she teases. "Listen, I have to go now. You go take care of him for the both of us," Samantha finishes, and hangs up.

"Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine," Dean groans, setting his phone down on the counter. He rolls his eyes to himself as he walks to his bedroom to change. He picks a green flannel with a dark grey t-shirt underneath and wishes he could call or text Castiel a heads up that he was coming over in case he was the type of person who didn't like surprise company.