Chapter 13: Warm Wind of Change

Dean's eyes pop open as soft light filters through the windows of Castiel's guest room. Sighing, he pulls a fluffy pillow from behind his head and covers his face with it. He hadn't slept as well as he thought after such an intense orgasm. But that was the problem. The last time he had had an orgasm even close to that was when he first found his own prostate only a few years ago after doing a bit of research, and even then, it didn't come close to what he'd had in the shower last night. Sure he wasn't used to the whole dating thing, but he figured you'd usually kiss or make out with someone before they watched you jerk off in the shower, and truthfully, he was a little surprised he had enjoyed it so much.

Was this all Castiel would be willing to give him? Sex? Would Dean be okay with it? Short term? Yeah, Dean's pretty stoked about what Castiel could teach him. Long term? Well, Dean wasn't so sure he could stop himself from growing more and more attached to the man. And that scared the shit out of him. Also, was Castiel really cool with Dean's lack of experience? Would he be enough for someone like Cas?

Groaning into the pillow, Dean rolls over onto the stomach and grabs his phone off the nightstand, eight-thirty, too early for Dean on a day off. He tosses his phone back on the nightstand and rolls out of the insanely comfortable bed. If his guest bed was that comfortable, he could only imagine what Castiel's actual bed was like. Pull it together, Winchester. He stops himself before his mind wanders.

He pulls on his rumpled t-shirt and jeans and tries to tame his matted hair before he peeks his head out of the room. He doesn't hear anything, so he figures Castiel must still be asleep, quietly he pads quickly to the other room. Castiel's kitchen is so beautiful it actually makes Dean want to cook. So he sets to work. Dean opens the pantry, finds some pancake mix, and smiles while pulling that out. He goes to the fridge and locates the eggs and bacon, the perfect, thick kind Dean adores. Damn, was Castiel trying to make Dean fall in love?

Dean fumbles around the kitchen as quietly as he can and starts humming to himself as he sets the pans up on the stove. He gets his mix and begins making the batter in a mixing bowl. Once the mixture looks good, he starts the bacon. He pulls down some plates as the meat sizzles and then starts pouring his pancakes as his hips move to the song in his head.

Jogging up slowly to the front door, Castiel can smell something delicious before he enters. He hears the clattering of pans and food sizzling. Dean must have helped himself to breakfast. Castiel smiles and steps inside quietly. He rounds the corner, leaning against the frame, and watches as his angel cooks. Wait, his? When had Dean become his? Castiel's forehead crinkles with the thought, and his eyes scan the beauty roaming in his space. Dean fit, really well. This wasn't his house, but somehow Dean made himself entirely at home. He navigated the area as if he belongs, and this causes something in Castiel's chest to tighten. Shaking his head, Castiel clears his throat, trying to make his presence known to the incredible man.

Dean finishes flipping a pancake and freezes as he hears someone else in the kitchen. He turns, meeting Castiel's eyes and smiles, blushing if only a little. "Mornin', Sunshine," Dean grins, turning his attention back to the food. "I figured I could whip us up some breakfast since you cooked dinner last night," he says. "Hope that's alright."

"Good Morning, Dean," Castiel smiles wide, a droplet of sweat glides down the side of his face. Pulling his shirt up, he wipes away the moisture, leaving a wet stripe on his shirt.

Dean looks back to Cas, and his eyes flick to his shirt before looking back up. "Everything alright? He asks, cocking a brow.

Castiel nods and passes Dean, grabbing a glass from the cupboard and filling it with water. He drinks deep from it, his sweaty throat working as he swallows. When he finishes, he places the cup in the sink, then leans against the counter. "Yeah, I went for a short jog," Castiel rolls his shoulders, then looks over at the food. "Think I have time for a shower? Or should I wait?"