Chapter 14: Combustion

Dean shakes his head and clears his throat as his laughter fades out. He returns Castiel's smile with some apprehension. His eyes widen slightly as he looks at the other man. "A love game?" He questions. Of course, he does, especially if it means spending more time with the blue-eyed man. "What do you mean?" he asks, his eyes shining with curiosity.

Cringing, he looks over to the handsome fireman. "It's a line, from a song. I suppose I'm showing my age here. Anywho, how about some day drinking and a little game of 'Never Have I Ever'?" He counters, already headed to the pantry.

Dean chuckles. "That sounds like fun," he grins, "I'm in," he says, following behind Castiel, his eyes grazing over the man's muscular back and shoulders before moving even further south.

It takes only a moment to find the good stuff, and Castiel spins in place, almost colliding into Dean. "Gotta warn a guy when you're gonna be on his ass, okay? Almost spilled the booze," Castiel raises the bottle of amber liquid. "Do you prefer whiskey, or would you like rum? I can make some mixed drinks if you're more into that."

Dean smirks mischievously, only slightly embarrassed but enjoying the closeness of the other man. His eyes dart to the bottle before moving back to the blue of Castiel's eyes. "Whiskey works for me, thank you," he says, trying for a more innocent smile.

Holding eye contact with Dean is so very easy, and for a moment, Castiel forgets himself, lost in the soft green. "Smiling like that doesn't mask your intentions very well, sir," he whispers, taking a half step forward. "Are we going to stand here and eye-fuck all night, or do you wanna play and see where the night takes us?" Castiel says and clicks his tongue at the last.

"Do I look like a guy with intentions to you?" Dean smiles even wider, tongue peeking out between his teeth. He chuckles softly and turns, taking a few steps towards the living room. "Out here?" He asks. "Your couch is super comfortable."

Shaking his head, Castiel stops at the island and plucks off two glasses. "How do you take it, Dean?" He calls out, finding some pretzels while collecting things he thinks the two of them might need. Who knows what's going to happen, but if the other night was an indication about how fast things can get hot between them, it might be better to go into this game prepared.

Anyway, you wanna give it to me, Dean's brain answers. "Neat," he calls back. As Dean makes his way into the living room, he picks up the remote to the tv and fiddles with it a bit. "Did you want some music or the tv on for background noise?" He asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Okay, Google," Castiel calls out, "Play classic rock radio," he finishes entering the living room with his hands full of goodies and dishes. The whiskey is under one arm, and he tosses a bag of pretzels and chips at Dean with his other hand. "Catch!" Castiel laughs.

Dean laughs as he clumsily tries to catch the bags, only managing to grab the bag of chips. He bends swiftly to scoop up the pretzels and grins. "Dude, I would have helped you. M' sorry," he shrugs, setting the bags on the coffee table.

Rounding the couch, he sets a jar of salsa, the glasses, and the liquor down softly. Shortly after that, "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac starts playing softly over some invisible speakers. "I hope you don't mind my taste in music," Castiel ducks his head, as he pours two-quarter glasses and passes one to Dean. 

"I like classic rock, no argument there," Dean nods, taking the glass from Castiel. Dean lifts the whiskey glass to his nose and swirls it slightly before taking a sniff. "This smells really good," he inhales again, closing his eyes.

"It's good stuff," Castiel assures and clinks his glass with Dean's. He takes a small drink, rolling it over his tongue. Sighing deeply, he leans against the couch, turning towards Dean. "Have you played this game before?" He prompts.