Chapter 22: Afterglow

Castiel wakes some hours later, drool covering the side of his face. Pulling away from the wet pillow, he looks around the darkened room. It doesn't look like his house, then he remembers that he went to Dean's home after their date. The clock on the cable box says it's just after two in the morning, and Castiel already feels himself cramping on the couch. Quietly, he stands, his back popping slightly, and he wanders down the hall. Dean's door is cracked, and Castiel pushes it open.

Eyeing the beautiful man in the bed, Castiel moves from the door and slips under the blanket on the vacant side of Dean's bed. Feeling more comfortable and warmer, it doesn't take long for him to fall asleep again. It doesn't even cross his mind that he might not be welcome in Dean's bed, he just takes the chance. He can always apologize in the morning after they're both rested.

***

Dean's eyes flick open, and they blur before focusing on the little red numbers of the clock on his nightstand. He yawns softly, seeing it's nearly seven in the morning. He shifts under the covers slightly, feeling something warm and firm, yet soft, next to him. He turns, seeing Castiel, and his eyes widen in disbelief. How many times had he dreamt of this in the short time they've known each other? More than Dean would like to admit, that's for sure.

His stomach gives a small grumble, but he doesn't move, wanting to savor the moment and doesn't want to risk waking Castiel. So Dean stays right there and allows himself to focus on the steady breathing, wanting nothing more than to press himself against the welcoming heat of Castiel's form.

Castiel groans and reaches over. He wraps his arm around Dean's center and snakes a leg between his, too. Rubbing his face up and down Dean's solid arm, Castiel smiles and makes little happy noises in his sleep, his stubble scraping against the man's flesh.

Dean smiles brightly, adjusting slightly to accommodate Castiel. He places a hand softly on Castiel's arm and hums in response to the beautiful noises coming from the other man. Dean's eyes flutter closed, enjoying the feeling of their bodies pressed up against one another. His eyes open as the thought causes his already half-hard dick to harden completely.

"I can feel that, Dean," Castiel groans, his voice deep and gravely from sleep. He doesn't open his eyes but does push closer, sighing deeply. "I hope you don't mind that I moved in here with you. I figured it would be much more comfortable than a whole night on the couch," Castiel smiles against Dean's skin.

"Of course not," Dean lets out a sleepy laugh, tracing random trails on Castiel's arm before giving it a soft squeeze. "I always thought this bed was too big for just me," he grins.

"You're such a big man. How could you think that?" Castiel asks, yawning.

Dean gives a small shrug. "Dunno, I've never been one to stretch out a whole lot or anything," he admits. "But I'm glad you're here," he says softly.

"Me, too. You're so warm," Castiel says, nuzzling again. He rolls his hips slightly, his joints popping in the quiet of the room. 

Dean smiles and chuckles softly, glancing over at Castiel. "So are you," he yawns. He bites down on his lip to stifle a soft groan at the roll of Castiel's hips. "Hungry?" He asks. "I can order us some breakfast to eat right here, so neither of us has to move or cook," he offers.

"Order food? What kind of sorcery is that?" Castiel finally opens an eye, piercing Dean with a look.

Dean chuckles. "The kind someone like me who is not as gifted in the kitchen such as yourself has to learn," he smirks, wetting his lips.

"Fine, fine. I shall let you treat me to this ordering of food. Surprise me with your expertise," Castiel grumbles, rolling over onto his back and out of Dean's warm embrace.