Chapter 19: Smouldering

Looking in the mirror, Castiel adjusts his collar, popping a couple of buttons on his shirt and smooths his dark grey, tailored suit jacket. He checks the shine on his shoes for the third time today and glances at the clock. Time was dragging most of the day, but now Castiel was shivering with excitement. Only ten more minutes and Dean would be there to sweep him off his feet. Laughing, Castiel leaves his bedroom and wanders into the kitchen, he opens the cabinet and grabs out some bourbon. Pouring a small serving, Castiel savors the flavor and the way the spirit soothes his nerves. He breathes in deep, his breath catching as he coughs slightly. After the bout passes, Castiel finishes his drink and sets the glass in the sink. It's not a moment later, he hears the steady chug of Dean's car pulling up the street. Grinning to himself, Castiel adjusts himself in his pants, making sure they're not wrinkled, and he leans against the doorway, watching as Dean parks his car in the driveway.

Dean takes a deep breath as he puts the Impala into park and grips the steering wheel. He is really doing this. He is really at Castiel's place to take him out on a date. Castiel had asked him on a date. He was in dress clothes. Getting said clothes had not been as simple as Dean anticipated. As soon as he asked the associate what "business casual" meant, she had taken him under her wing and had him try on more clothes than he owned. It kind of made his head spin a bit, but he was happy with the finished product, even if the dress shoes weren't as comfortable as his boots, and he cleaned up nicely if he did say so himself.

That doesn't stop him from feeling nervous, however, as he checks his hair in the rearview mirror again. Dean sucks in a large breath pushing the door open and climbs out of the car, buttoning the top button of the dark grey suit jacket, as the associate told him to. Dean glances down, smoothing the suit, and inwardly hoping he didn't get any stains on anything on the way over. Dean looks up, and his eyes go wide while looking at Castiel standing in the doorway, who is looking directly at Dean. He blushes slightly and gives a small wave before his feet carry him the rest of the way to the porch.

"Hello, handsome," Castiel calls as he pushes the door open. "I didn't order a strip-a-gram though," he says with a grin. His eyes scan the way Dean looks in his suit, the garment pulling and stretching in all the right places. "Damn," Castiel whispers, crossing his legs at his ankles as he leans against the doorframe. 

"That's good because I can't dance," Dean laughs as he gets closer to the door. His eyes take in the length of Castiel's body, and Dean wets his lips as their eyes meet back up. Damn, Dean was playing way out of his league. "Hey, Cas," he grins.

"You danced really well for me the other night," Castiel reminds the other man, running his tongue slowly across his bottom lip.

Dean's eyes widen with lust as he bites down on his lip. He shakes his head bashfully. "You are an excellent teacher," he nearly pants, his mind involuntary pulling up the memories from that night. He clears his throat and puts his hands in his pockets.

Castiel snorts a laugh, crossing the threshold and pulling the door closed behind him. He turns to lock the deadbolt, then joins Dean at the edge of his porch. "You ready, stud?" Castiel asks, flashing a wide smile.

Dean chuckles, shaking the thoughts from his mind. "Ready as I'll ever be," he grins and shoots Castiel a wink, in a moment of brazenness. He starts down the path and rounds the car pulling the passenger door open for the other man.

"Always the hero and gentleman, Dean?" Castiel teases, leaning in closer to the other man. "Be careful. If you're too nice, I might just chain you in my basement and keep you as my prisoner," Castiel breathes, his pupils blown wide at the thought of a bound and naked Dean. 

Dean's breath hitches and his heart skips a beat as he meets Castiel's gaze. Why did everything out of this man's mouth sound so damn tempting? He clears his throat. "You promise?" He cocks a brow as the corner of his mouth tilts up in a cocky smirk.