Chapter 21: Fired Up

Dean lets out a small breath as he pulls into his parking spot of his apartment building, cutting the engine. "Here we are, home sweet home," he lets out a laugh, trying to get over his slight nervousness. Dean wasn't worried about Castiel seeing his home. It was clean, and Dean took pride in what he was able to do with space, but it was the first time he's had someone he was interested in over. Not to mention Castiel has a way of keeping him on his toes, so he never really knows what to expect from the other man, which he found he liked more and more.

He looks over at Castiel and smiles, exiting the car and once again opening Castiel's door for him. "I'm on the first floor, which is pretty cool. And everyone's pretty quiet, which is even cooler," he laughs. "That or the soundproofing is really good because no one's bitched about my music yet," he smirks.

"Or your loud masturbatory moaning," Castiel quips as he gets out of the car. He grins and looks up at the modern building. "Very nice, Dean," he nods, looking over at the man.

"That too," Dean laughs and beams at Castiel's compliment. "Thank you. I've only been here a couple of years, but I like it," he nods towards the building entrance putting in his code and holding the door open for the other man.

Castiel steps past Dean and into the clean-smelling hallway, and he looks around. The area is roomy and bright, and there is even a large skylight in the roof. "This is pretty neat," he mumbles to himself. "Which one is yours?" Castiel asks, keeping his voice low. He doesn't know if Dean is out to his neighbors, and although they might just look like good friends, Castiel doesn't want to take the chance. Sometimes people can be mean, he knows that all too well.

"I'm in one-eleven," Dean smiles, leading Castiel about halfway down the hallway to his door on the left. He straightens the welcome mat with his foot, pulling his keys out, unlocking and holding the door open, motioning for Castiel to enter. "Come on in," he grins.

"Thank you," Castiel nods, walking into the apartment. He instantly smiles at the feeling of comfort. There is a large leather couch on the right side, and a white loveseat adjacent to that. A dark wood coffee table sits in front of the seating. To the right, just past the couch is the kitchen, which is small but functional. There is enough room for one person to maneuver, but the open layout and the island allows for someone else to provide assistance without being in the way. Castiel can't help but think about laying out on the counter and letting Dean have his way with him. He shivers at the thought, a slight blush coloring his cheeks. "This is really nice, Dean." Moving farther into the room, Castiel turns, waiting for the other man.

Dean grins, liking the way Castiel looks in his space, shutting the door and locking it. "Thanks, make yourself at home," his grin grows as he kicks off his shoes next to his boots. Dean shrugs off his suit jacket, hanging it up on the coat rack next to the door. He starts rolling the sleeves of his white dress shirt up as he makes his way to the kitchen. "Did you want a beer or water or anything?" He asks.

Watching Dean, Castiel makes his way back to the door. He removes his shoes and places them neatly next to Dean's. He follows the man's example, and removes his jacket as well, hanging it on a free hook. Walking over to the kitchen, Castiel takes a seat on a stool, watching Dean navigate his kitchen. "I'll take a beer if that's okay," he asks, leaning forward on the counter.

"You got it," Dean nods, pulling two IPA's out of the fridge and grabbing a bottle opener from a drawer and pushing it closed with his hip. "Oh, I almost forgot, how rude of me," he clears his throat, gesturing to his microwave above the stove. "Mic, this is Cas. Cas, this is Mic, he keeps me fed," he jokes, opening the drinks, holding one out for Cas with a grin.

"So, Mic is your food boyfriend and not your girlfriend as you once told me," Castiel deadpans. He takes the offered beer and takes a sip, making a face at the bitterness of the drink. Taking another, longer drink, Castiel nods his pleasure at the taste.