Intruder

Anakin left the bedroom cautiously. His lightsaber gripped tightly in one hand. He scanned the room, looking for anything out of place. His eyes stopped on the balcony. The door was open. Anakin ignited his lightsaber. He stood still, waiting. He closed his eyes. Using the force, he searched the entire apartment. He felt a dark presence in the the corner.

"You'll never be able to protect her." A dark voice said. That voice! It's the same one from the nightmare. Anakin thought. "Who are you?" he asked. "Do you not recognize the voice that's been in your head?" the voice asked. "What do you want with me?" There was no reply. Silence filled the apartment.

Then Anakin felt it. His head was pounding, his ears ringing. The headache was back. This time it came slowly. Seconds passed like hours until Anakin fell unconscious.

When he woke up, his head felt sore. He groaned, sitting up. The sun was rising. Padmé. He ran into the bedroom lightsaber in hand. She wasn't in the room. "Padmé." Anakin ran around the apartment, searching for her. "PADMÉ!" Anakin cried in desperation. He fell to his knees, defeated. Padmé was gone. He failed.

Obi Wan was on his way to Padmé's apartment. He received a call from Anakin explaining the situation. He was worried for Anakin. He knew how much Padmé means to him. Obi Wan just hoped she was safe, for Anakin's sake. He would be lost without her.