Chapter 2: AWAKE 2/2

GLIMMER~

GLIMMER
~

Glimmer trailed behind Tam as he slowly pushed open the door to the healing center, hiding in his shadow. They both had been waiting for this day for so many weeks now. But guilt was a plague. And the script of heartfelt apologizes Glimmer had been playing in her head for so long now just didn't feel right anymore.

  You don't deserve to be forgiven.

For so long, Glimmer had pushed open the healing center door to see a pale, scrawny boy passed out on a cot looking like a lifeless doll. She couldn't believe her eyes when the looked to that same cot and saw Keefe- awake.

His icy blue eyes looked glazed, like a zombie's. Glimmer's heart broke when his eyes met hers. Or, rather, the eyes hidden behind her mask and hood. He looked so lost. And it was all her fault.

He was breathing, propped up against one of the pillows while Elwin finished flashing a million different colored lights around his torso and left the room.
His devastatingly handsome hair was far from styled. But at least he was awake.

Awake, awake, awake.

Glimmer chanted the word to herself over and over as she shyly followed Tam to the left of his cot.

"Hey, Bangs Boy," Keefe croaked with a playful smirk. It looked so forced.

"Hey Lord Funkyhair. Look who's awake."

"Couldn't keep me in this bed forever, huh?"

"Nah, you'd be too stubborn to listen."

Keefe flashed a sad smile towards Tam before his eyes slowly drifted back to Glimmer.

"Who's you're friend?"

Tam met Glimmer's terrified gaze. How would she explain this?
"I- I'm Glimmer,"

Though she knew he had met her before. Right before he went into the coma.

"Hm. Glimmer sounds familiar. Oh! That's one of Ro's names for the Councillors. She normally stands next to Sir Snootybutt and Madame Sparklepants," Keefe said with a look on his face like he was remembering something funny.