Chapter 17: SEASIDE REVELATIONS

"That's the whole freaking problem, Vacker

"That's the whole freaking problem, Vacker. I want you too."

ALVAR
• • •

The sound of a door creaking open awoke Alvar.

She was back.

A worried looking Glimmer gently closed the door, making sure it made no sound.

"Glimmer?" he asked.
She jumped.
"Sorry. Just wanted you to know I was here."
"It's okay.. I didn't mean to wake you."
She leaned against the old front door, wrapping her arms around herself. It was then Alvar noticed her missing hood, or the way her clothing looked scorched.

He gasped.

"Did Fintan-,"
"No." She quickly assured him.
She walked over to his couch and sat at his feet.
"Different pyrokinetic. But I'm fine. Just an accident."
"There's another-,"
"Yes. But I can't tell you any more right now."
He sighed.
"I wish they would let you be honest with me."
She met his eyes, hers looking rather sad.
"Me too."
Alvar had the sudden urge to wrap his arms around her, let her know it would all be fine.
But he shouldn't.
She deserved someone better...

All the years restraining himself from confessing to her were weighing down on Alvar.

He'd always thought she was cute when they were younger.
He admired her selflessness, her ease at devoting her life to another person.
As years had gone on, they'd both grown up. And his feelings had grown with him.

But his irresponsible desires were rather hard to pipe down as her figure wasn't completely shrouded in shadows from the hood she always wore...

She cleared her throat.

"Er- yes?" He said quickly, thanking the universe that she wasn't a telepath.