Chapter 11: SNEAK ATTACK

KEEFE~

KEEFE
~

Being able to finally walk the campus wasn't as fun as it sounded.

He'd already visited the secret mentor cafeteria like twenty times, and the thought of eating even one more rippleruff twisted his stomach.

Ro, on the other hand, was even more tired of Keefe's sulking than he was.
She'd busted into the art room and stolen him at least a hundred canvases, eight paintbrushes, one levitating brush, five black ink pens, and two new sketchbooks.

Keefe thought to make Sophie another drawing.
She loved those.
And he loved her face when she saw them.
How it would light up.
How she would flash her beautiful grin.
How she would reach up and hug him, just for something he'd created with his hands.

It would beat drawing her on every writable surface.
What could he draw for her?

Luna?
Wynn?
Maybe Calla's Panakes.
He'd think of something.

When was her birthday?
Keefe hoped he hadn't missed it.
It was her 16th birthday, after all.
An apparently important date in the human world, as she'd told him one time.

But he had enough art supplies now to draw her a million things.
The ogre had never been more generous than now.

She'd even waited to make good on her threats.

So if even the ogre princess was pitying him, he thought he should get out of bed and show that he was not near death.

He rounded the corner leading into the amber-ridden Level Four halls. The ambience of the old hallways brought him back to seeing a certain blonde girl with warm, deep amber eyes wearing the familiar uniform. Gosh, how good she looked in a plaid skirt-

The sound of a bang! against one of the lockers brought Keefe back to the present.
What was that?

He thought he heard a muffled gasp near the stairway.