Chapter 21: LOST IN QUEENS

• • •

• • •

KEEFE
~

They had made it to the cliffs when Glimmer turned to Sophie and asked, "Can you transport us to New York?"

Keefe had called it.
Glimmer wasn't really using the path she'd proposed.

Sophie frowned, crossing her arms and eyeing the rolled up map sticking out of Glimmer's backpack.

"What's the point of that map then?"

"Oh, it's still Gisela's map. Only difference is that on one side, only I can see it, by activating the markings with Stellarlune," Glimmer responded.

Keefe clapped his hands together.

"So this means I can read this map as well?"

Glimmer narrowed her eyes at him.

"You will not be using any aspect of your power until you know how to use it without hurting yourself, or blowing up the earth, if that matters."
Keefe groaned.
"Thanks, Mom,"
"Anytime." She responded with a grin.

She turned back to Sophie.
"So- can you?"
Sophie sighed.
"Yeah, I guess."

"OK kids, form a line and hold hands! One at a time, easy now! Be sure to hang on tight to your partner as we jump off the scary cliff together. You know what they say, if your best friends jump off a cliff, you follow them!"
Keefe rambled excitedly as he made a dash to snatch Sophie's right hand.
Biana took her left, and then Tam took Biana's, Linh taking his other hand.
Glimmer took Linh's, which left.. Alvar.

"Are you okay to jump?" Glimmer asked him.
He nodded, not looking so sure of himself.

She shot him one last wary look before leading the group to descend into the darkness.

•••

Instead of falling out of the sky like the group tended to do, Sophie transported them into a vast, empty hallway.
Keefe landed next to Sophie, but a groan across the hall let him know that not everyone had had such an easy landing.
Tam ended up on top of Biana.

He smirked at Tam's ridiculous attempt to scramble off of her as he got up and offered Sophie a hand.
"Thanks," she breathed.
The rest of the group got up, organized themselves, and looked around.
"Where are we?" Biana asked.
"Right where we need to be," responded Glimmer, supported a breathless Alvar on her left shoulder while making gestures with her right hand.
"Queens, New York City. Currently in the MoMa PS1 on Jackson Avenue."

"And why are we here?" Keefe retorted, letting his eyes take in the vast tapestries and work of art claiming the walls.

"Because," Glimmer responded, unphased, "this is how we'll get to the island."
"MoMa PS1," Sophie whispered, not listening to the group's banter.
"I've read about this place. It's one of the greatest art galleries in the world."
"Let's explore it, then," Keefe responded, taking her hand. Glimmer appeared at his side and whispered, "We don't have time."
"We'll make time," he hissed back.
"Let me show her the world."

Then the group descended into the gallery flourishing with life, ready to take on the Big Apple.

• • •

Author's Note:

Well, people, I'm back.
I think.
I at least have Wattpad back on my phone.
So yeah.

I'm sorry to of left so many readers without a story, but I appreciate all the new ones I've received, and I really do love you all.

However, I'm shortening updates to only every two weeks.
That may be more this week because I'm on semester break, but normal updates will be less frequent.

Thanks for sticking with me.
Thanks for 7k views- that's crazy.
Keep voting up this story.
And I love all of you.

Keep dreaming,
~Midnight_Moonlark xx

Keep dreaming,~Midnight_Moonlark xx