Chapter 5: CAUGHT RED-HANDED

KEEFE~

KEEFE
~

Keefe watched his teal-eyed friend hit the ground as Glimmer pinned him down. In a flash, the bandage roll next to Keefe's cot floated over to her reach as she snatched it out of the air. She unraveled a long strip, tore it off, and blindfolded the stunned boy.
The whole ordeal happened in a matter of seconds.

"Sorry," she apologized, releasing her iron grip on Fitz and helping him up.
"I don't let just anyone see my face."

Fitz reaches up to take off the blindfold, but Glimmer was faster.
This time, a flash of light appeared at Fitz's wrists.
A second later glowing cuffs were binding his arms.

He growled and spun to face the girl.
"If you won't let me see your face, you're obviously hiding something,"
"You're right. I am. And in the past 10 years, only 3 people have seen what the face behind this hood looks like, now including Keefe. And I intend to keep it that way."

Fitz let out a dark laugh.
"You realize I can just just pluck it from Keefe's mind, right?"
Glimmer shook her head.
"Keefe's mind is more powerful now than even the oldest telepath alive. Why do you think I just now showed him my face? I've been training for this moment for years. No impulse driven boy can easily change that."

The look on Fitz's face was so furious that Keefe dubbled over laughing, then clutched his sides in pain.
"Woah, Fitzy- you just got pinned AND told by Miss Secrets. That's like the biggest blessing my eyes have ever experienced."

But the first part of Glimmer's explanation was stuck in Keefe's mind.
I'm more powerful than an ancient telepath?
Were his powers really that strong now?

While Keefe was thinking about what she had said, Glimmer had already put on her cape and mask. Her features that Keefe had started to get used to disappeared completely, shrouded in shadows.