Chapter 4 : The Call of Chaos

AUTUMN'S POV
15,000 Years Later
——————————————————————————

Autumn was playing with the animals while humming a tune. It was a song he particularly liked. Bored out of his mind, he started playing with the leaves, making the animals chase it.

It was Fall now, with Summer ahead of him and Winter following next. It was their duty as the Seasons.

The winds were getting stronger and it seemed colder. Winter was coming. He looked up and was about to set off before a deafening sound hit him.
It was the Call of Chaos. Quickly, he stretched his wings and flew. Chaos rarely used it. A millennia has passed since he heard it. Something must have happened.

A yellow streak raced beside him. It was Summer. He probably heard the call too and rushed to find out. Soon after, he heard the rustle of leaves indicating that Spring had arrived. Winter was no where to be seen as always. He had always preferred to be alone and antisocial.

5 Minutes Later
——————————————————————————

After a few minutes, the grand palace of Chaos came into view. The golden skyscrapers shined against the sun. It looked magnificent. The steep buildings decorated with gold. He remembered the day where he first met Chaos. He had been young and foolish.

Yes, he was quiet but he was quiet because he liked it. He liked being quiet and silence. He wasn't antisocial. His behavior just gave people the wrong impression of him, except the Seasons.

They were different. Instead of avoiding him, they tried their hardest to get closer to him. Now, they were as close as brothers.

They treated each other like family. Even if they didn't know each others true names, each of them will give their lives for each other without hesitation. Their trust was built through the life-threatening experience they went through.

Winter was a different case. He was quiet....cold as his Season. But his attitude didn't get in the way of them being close.

In the last war, they almost lost Summer and Spring because of Atlas. The Titan had managed to corner them while Spring was heavily injured and Summer held hostage. He himself had tried to sneak in and free the two but he was captured. It was just a few days after, Chaos had blesses them as the Seasons so they were still learning.

Before they were killed, Winter arrived and saved them. They didn't expect Winter to save them since they've been trying to get close to Winter but there was no progress. It seemed like Winter had shut them out.

After the war, Chaos explained how worried Winter was for their safety. They were surprised that Winter even held any emotion,for himself or for others. It turns out that they were actually important to him.

Quietly, he glided to the open window of the throne room. Spring had also arrived. On the other hand, Summer crashed on the wall and landed on the floor. Dusting himself off, Summer said hi to the two of them.

After a few minutes, Chaos entered the room. They were waiting for Winter. It was his season so he was pretty busy.

The howling of the cold wind and the flapping of winds signified that Winter had finally arrived. Ice formed wherever he stepped.

"We have much to talk about, sit down." Chaos said grimly. "I need your help."