Chapter 18 : Tartarus

Summer's POV
———————————————————
"Why did you do that?!" Summer scolded at Autumn. It was a foolish move that will cost them their lives.

"We promised not to leave anyone and protect each other. There is no way in hell that I'm leaving them behind to fend for themselves!" Autumn replied, with tears forming in his eyes.

They saw Nico and Spring reveal themselves from their hiding spot and run towards them. They had their backs to each other as they tried to fend off the monsters that wanted to kill them.

"On my count, we should run to the Doors. Don't look back just run. Autumn and I will cover our back as we run. No matter what happens. Don't stop running." Nico huffed, he was out of breath from all the running he did.

He slashed upwards as he dodged the attacks given to him. He knew they wouldn't last long in this situation.

"1....2....3!!! Run!!" He shouted as he pushed the monsters back one last time. He sprinted at full speed heading to the Doors.

Spring was ahead, followed by Summer and soon, Autumn. They were running as fast as they can.

A monster somehow grabbed his leg making him lose balance and fall behind. Monsters started catching up to him.

They attacked him relentlessly. He stabbed his sword on the ground and summoned skeletons to hold them back.

He started running again and saw that the three other Seasons had reached the door and was holding the door for him.

"Faster! Nico!" He heard them shout as he was running. A few more steps, Nico. You can do it.

The moment he ran through the Doors, Summer let go of the button and the Doors slammed shut. The monsters were a close second from tearing him apart.

They all sat down from the intense pressure and running they have been doing.

"That was intense." Summer gasped, trying to catch his breath.

"No shit, Sherlock." Autumn grumbled. The Season has already stood up and was helping Spring.

After a few minutes, all of them had managed to rest and catch their breath. The Doors of Death appeared as an elevator, using Stygian Iron as its frame. The black and silver doors were etched with Art Deco designs, making them a complete inversion of the Olympian Doors.

A/N: I had to use some of the descriptions in the Riordan Wiki since I didn't remember how they looked like. Credit goes to them.

"I found a keyhole. I think the key will automatically let the Doors take us where we're supposed to go." Spring opened the control panel of the elevator.

A keyhole was engraved on where the control panel was supposed to be. It matched the design of the key Chaos had given them.

Autumn placed his hand on his sword and controlled the metal inside to release the key. The key appeared on his hand and he quickly placed it inside the keyhole.

He heard a loud noise echo inside the elevator.  The elevator started shaking after a few seconds. Nico grabbed the handle near him and held on for dear life.

Three minutes later, the turbulence had stopped and a ding was heard. The doors opened and revealing a beautiful scene.

Different kinds of flowers bloomed everywhere, filling the air with a sweet smell. The sky was the clearest they have ever seen. No clouds, no pollution, but strangely, there were no birds.

Spring looked confused. With a place like this, there should be animals wandering around or birds flying in the sky.

"I can't hear any animals. I can't sense any at all." Spring tilted his head quizzically.