Seconds and Hours

I succeeded in sending Kid off from my unit after that.

I sighed in relief now that he is not around. But I couldn't sleep.

I'm thinking of how strange the odds can be that Kid is actually Mrs. Ching's abandoned son. How did she turned out to abandon him anyway? Mrs. Ching was a sweet fair lady. Oh well, whom I to ask? Life happens.

I dialled my baby's phone hoping she's still awake. It's almost 11pm and it's way past her bedtime that it bit surprised me when she answered.

"Hi, baby."

"Mama!" She happily exclaimed!

"I miss you, anak."

"I miss you more, mama! Have you fulfilled my wish yet? Did you find Papa?!"

I sighed. "Are you now more excited to see papa than coming over Lola Ching's house?"

"Yeah. That, too." she chuckled. "Oh Pico Lolo will check on me now. I have to hung up. Bye mama! I love you." She made a kissed sound before hanging up.

Pico Lolo or my father takes care of her now that I am away. Maybe she'd trick him. She can be mischievous at times.

The next morning I met up with Sabina and told her what happened.

She was apalled like me, too. But not as scared.

"Do you think, he's still doing it?" I asked.

"Don't think about it too much. I'm sure he is just trying to piss you off."

She continued eating while I could not. How can she not take this seriously? Or maybe she's right?  I am just thinking about it too much.

"What?" I asked as she snapped out me. She rolled her eyes.

"Is that it? Are you still scared of him?"

I shrugged. I just knew what he is capable of.

On our lunch, I told her my plan of going back to Kalibo and maybe tell Gracey that we can't go to her Lola Ching's place because of my work in Kalibo. That might work. I am determined to leave tomorrow morning.

We wasted no time hanging out with each other that day since it might take long to meet her again because of our separate busy life. I take comfort in thinking tha she would always be by my side no matter what happens.

Finally, Sab gave me a ride to my unit.

When she slowed down the car, we noticed a man standing outside the building. It was Kid.

I heave in disbelief.

"Ugh oh." My bestfriend warned. "Will you be okay?"

I nodded. He did not kill me yesterday. Maybe he no more planned to.

I got off the car.

"Hey!" Sabina beeped and greeted Kid. "It was nice to see you again, Kid."

Kid, the arrogant man did not even greet her back. His eyes were fixed on me. I could sense his madness.

Sab mouthed I call her before we waved goodbye. I waited for her to go before I spoke to the man in front of me.

"So why are you here, again?"

"Your things are packed. You're leaving?"

I looked up on my window from where I was before I faced him again. So he entered my unit again?

How the hell he did that does not surprise me at all. This is ridiculous.

"I'll call the police once you entered my unit again. You are tresspassing."

"Where are you going?" He asked, completely ignoring my threat.

"Did you hear me? I said I'll call the----"

"Fuck, call them then! You're leaving?! You're leaving again?!" He shouted and breathed heavily.

An angry Kid Ongpauco reminded me so much of his younger raging years.

He gripped my right arm as he watches me carefully.

You won't get the same reaction, Kid.

"What do you want?" I remained composed as possible, not showing any intimidation. Even when I'm slightly taken aback, I've learned.

"I told you I won't let you slip away from me again."

He renewed the grip tightly while I try get away.

"Aren't you finished ruining my life yet?!"

He gritted his teeth. "Oh, baby. I'm just starting."

Now, I'm equally mad. No matter how much I try to understand, I could never get why he loathe me so much.

I recovered my arm and backfired.
"You remembered your pain so well. It has been eight years."

"I know." He hissed.

I look at him truly in disbelief. The cold breeze of the night soothes in my being. It is so much like his cold dark arrogant eyes.

"You left me." he spoke after a long pause. His eyes were... softer now.

"I-It was harder than I thought." His voice cracked this time. I do not understand what he's saying.

"What are you talking about?"

He run his hand through his hair. Even the little things he does...

"I talked to Atty. Silva. He wants us in his office by tomorrow."

I shook my head. I already planned not to dwell on that now. I am determined to leave by tomorrow.

"You need to at least show up, before you leave."