We don't wanna be like them

Kid managed to booked a same flight time with mine after we had our lunch. He was lienent to me throughout that day. I should be appalled.

True enough he fetched me at my unit 6am sharp. I had to wear my aviators to hide my swollen eyes from lack of sleep last night.

I thought several times about the possible reactions of both Kid and Gracey and how will their life change after they'll meet each other.

Will Kid believe me when I finally tell her about Gracey? Will he like my daughter? Will he accept her?

Will he hate me more? Of course he will. But I need to brace myself from everything that's going to happen when we finally reached Kalibo. The moment she sees him, I could no longer hide this truth.

The ride to NAIA is approximately two hours. I'll make use of time and take a nap.

I tried positioning the seat to lay down when his phone rang. He answers it with a speaker on.

"Kid, where are you?" a male voice sounds like he just woke up.

"I'm busy. Why?"

"Trix is nagging me this early, you weren't answering her calls."

There was a pause before he heave a sigh.

"I'll call her later, then."

"You better attend your girlfriend's call before sh----" Kid hang up the call and turned to me for a second.

I did not look at him. So he has a girlfriend and it seems like he didn't tell her about him, going away.

If I'm seen with him by his girlfriend or by people that knows them, they'd probably misconceptualize this.

My heart beat faster and I am curious about the sudden pang in my chest. Whatever. It's his life anyway.

I close my eyes and tried to sleep. You could never really kill it. After all this time trying to murder my feelings for him, I'm to whipped. A kind of love that stays despite dark times. When did it start growing anyway and when will I ever stop this? I inwardly sigh. What are all these feelings for?

Kid woke me up when we arrived at the airport. He helped me with my baggages, I noticed that he only brought one for him though. Means he won't stay there for long.

"Are you hungry? We still have one hour to wait, we can eat."

His offer is tempting since I kinda feel hungry at the moment and that's what we did.

He ordered for me a fastfood meal at the terminal. We were polite with each other but still a little awkward. I just shrugged it off.

I was extra nervous when we get to the plane. One hour to go before we land and this is the deciding point.

I am going to tell him the truth as soon as we arrive at Mrs. Ching's place. Whether he'd be angry or whether he'd accept it or not, I shall not feel too emotional for it. I'll have to accept it.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kid asked.

I turned to him and nodded.

"Kid, c-can I ask you something?"

He raise his one brow telling me to go on.

"Did you ever tried to look for me?" There. Even when it came out of nowhere. It took me so much courage to finally asked the words that bugged me every day in eight years.

He looked at me with longing in his eyes... or I wished it was.

"Have you ever thought of coming back to me, then?" he whispered.

Everyday. I wished I stayed longer. I should've gave my full blast patience and understanding while I am at it. As I look at him today, I badly want to love him again even with all of this mess. Even when things are complicated.

"I ask first."

He smirked. "I hated you for not coming back."

"You once said you hate me for coming to your life. I don't know what to believe anymore." I looked away and laughed a bit.

"Why would it matter to you now?"

Because your hate is all I have. And I want to know if I'm worth the hate.

I know I don't make sense right now. Maybe it's the sentimal view from the window or maybe I'm just in too much pain.

It was the shortest yet dreadful one hour of my life. I did not dare to talk to him again after that.

We grabbed a taxi and I instructed the driver where we are heading.

I almost forgot I have to call my father to inform him I am back.

Finally, we arrived at Mrs. Ching's ancestral house.

"My house is just right there." I informed him, pointing the other side of the road.

He nodded. "I'll help you with your things first."

When we barely entering, Gracey came running to me.

"Mama!" She shouted with glee followed by a tight embrace.

Behind her is my father who looked ridiculously shocked looking behind me.

I could not breathe for a moment.

Gracey let me go and looked behind me. I saw how surprised my daughter was that she jumped off Kid.

"Papa!" She exclaimed.