Never Together

He watched me closely bit by bit until he's seated in front of me.

"Am I late?" He said weighing my eyes.

"Just in time, Mr. Ongpauco." It was Atty. Salva who answered him and introduced us with each other.

I did not tell Atty. Salva that I've met Kid before for reason that he did not tell Atty. Salva either. Maybe he wants it that way.

But what surprises me more is that he's a relative of Mrs. Ching. Did Mrs. Ching purposely get closer to my daughter? Did she knew the truth all along?

"How are you exactly related to Mrs. Ching?" I spoke with a surprising gutt.

"I am her son."

My mouth dropped when Atty. Salva confirmed to me that Kid is Mrs. Ching's biological son. He added that Kid was abandoned by her mother since he was eight. Kid thinks that it's ridiculous for his mother to give away a property just like that to a stranger, while he was easily abandoned.

"I am sorry Mr. Ongpauco for intruding family matters like this. And, I think you're right. The property should be rightfully yours."

He smirked.

For sure, my poor baby girl will be disappointed but what can I do? I don't want to be in connection with Kid in any ways.

Atty. Salva was about to say something when his phone rang. He excused himself to answer the call leaving me with Kid alone.

I started to feel uncomfortable. I did not know how many times I swallowed hard.

His swoothing intense eyes gave me chills. It reflected my daughter's. I could not take it.

Here is the man who changed my life forever. I never thought I'd see him again.

"You disappoint me so much, Cha."

My heart broke at his words. But I knew I had to recover quickly.

"You're always disapponted with me. What else is new?"

I sounded cool and suprisingly did not stutter to reveal my ache.

Thank God, Atty. Salva had returned and immediately continued his discussion.

"The property, Ms. Donato, is the deceased's house and lot property in Taguig where she used to live before she stayed in Kalibo, where you two have met."

Atty. Salva mentioning Kalibo alarmed me. Now Kid knows where I live. Could it be a problem? Gracey.

"As Ms. Donato said, she would not want to take it. However, Mrs. Ching had already transferred it in her name before she passed away. If Mr. Ongpauco wished this to be undone, we would like your cooperation by staying longer, Ms. Donato. I need to process the transfer of the property and other documents."

No. I need to go home. Staying longer is dangerous.

"I've changed my mind, attorney." Kid said with a face like he plans something bad. He faced Atty. Salva.

"I will let Ms. Donato have the property if and only if he would agree to work for it."

What?

I'm sure this guy is up to something.

"You can have it all you want, Kid. I'm not bating that."

"Think about it, Ms. Donato."

I tried to read what he's up to. But as usual, I cannot grab any of him.

"You give it to me or I give it to you. You'd stay longer either way."

The first thing that came to my mind is Gracey. I promised that seven-year old girl to fulfill her Lola Ching's wish.

I can't imagine how will she be disappointed.

"I still need to think about it."

Kid flashed an evil smile.