I see what it's like

Things were getting worse. I was getting weaker minute by minute maybe because I'm losing too much blood in my body. I feel extra pang in my back when I move but that should not stop me from trying to escape. I need to escape.

"Idiots! I do not need this girl! I need my Athena!" The guy named Quatro cried. He choked the man nearest to him.

One shot and the man lied down in front of me.

I was so scared. I lost for words.

"Get rid of this body." He commanded and the remaining men obeyed.

I froze. I never witnessed someone shot in front of me. Killed, more so.

As much as I want to move to plan an escape, my body is giving up and my eyes were heavy.

The last thing I could remember is that, someone lifted me up.

I woke up with a headache and dizziness. My whole body is in chaos, I could not move.

I am in a white four-wall room.

What happened?

"Chareena!" I heard a gentle worried voice. I turned and I saw Sabina.

"What happened?" I breathe.

"Please rest for now. I'll call a doctor."

I shook my head slowly. "I'm fine. What happened?"

"The police rescued you. You're safe now."

She then called the doctor and did stuffs to test me before he spoke.

"You had an operation, Miss Donato and you were four days asleep. You're doing well now. But you need stay for maybe two to three days in order to be fully recovered."

Four days asleep, I was that fatal?

The doctor gave Sabina further instructions while I am left there with so many questions in my head.

Who were the people who kidnapped me?

Why do they need Athena?

Where is Athena now?

"Your father will arrive tonight. He's been wanting to see you but he had to do process papers first."

I nodded.

"Rest now, Cha. We'll talk tomorrow." She said while she tucked me to bed.

A kiss in the forehead woke me up in the morning.

"Hi, honey." It was my dad. He smiled at me.

"I was so worried about you."

"I'm okay, daddy. I miss you."

He expressed he missed me too and that he'd be taking care for me from now on. He thanked Sabina and then he went outside to get us some snacks.

"Your old man just arrived last night and he haven't sleep yet, looking after you." She held my hand.

"How are you feeling?"

I assured her I was feeling better.

"Sab, did the police explained to you who were those people who kidnapped me? I heard them, they were looking for Athena. Not me."

She let go a heavy sigh.

"You need to gain your strength, first. We can talk after that."

I want to insist but she' s right. Although I am getting well, deep inside me, I still feel so weak.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Sab."

"Oh, I don't have anyone but you, Cha. You were like my sister. I was so worried."

Sabina lived in a dorm with me here in Manila. Her whole family is in New York. When she graduated Senior High School, her mom asked her to be with them but she insisted to live by her own.

I nodded. "I'm sorry."

My father arrived but he was not alone now. Two police officer came with him.

I was confused.

"Good day, Miss Donato. We heard you're awake." He said and then showed us their IDs.

"We are here to ask you about your kidnapping Incident."

"That does have to come now? My daughter is still recovering." My father plead

"We apologize, sir. But Mr. Ongpauco requested a fast pacing investigation following Miss Athena Sanz's insensate death."

My eyes widened as I turned to the police. Athena is dead?

I was so shocked that my whole body could not process it.