Did they never tried?

We never talked again in months after that. Still, I'd see him in school completely blank and lost. He sometimes skips classes and forget deadlines. I know I shouldn't care but I am worried at least. Now, especially that we needed to submit the group project we did not finish since the incident happened.

Chino and Darius ---Kid's friends waited for me in the corridor. According to them, Kid did not show up to finalize stuffs but texted Chino that we come by at his place, instead.

Sabina can't be reached and so I came with a drastic decision to went there alone with them even though part of me is traumatized to go back.

When we arrived, the house is a mess. Their plants from the outside were abandoned and inside was just bottles piled up everywhere like he's been drinking everyday.

Chino and Darius shook their heads in dismay.

We cleaned up the room, the living room at least.

When we're almost done I saw a piano and tried to sit there. I know a piece from my junior activity. Can I still remember that?

I started to play the piano while Chino  prepares snacks for us.

I am at the middle of it when one door pulled open and we saw Kid looking so gloomy from his room.

His eyes were intense as he looks at me play his piano.

I pulled out my hands immediately like I've been burn by a fire.

"What are you doing? Who give you the fucking permission to play?!"

He was about to touch me when Darius barged in.

"Can you please not Kid?!"

He looked at him and tried to calm down.

I stood up and stepped back away from them.

I was wrong for playing the piano without asking him but his reaction was too much.

"We're here because our materials are here and we are to finish our group project. This will save your ass out from failing your subject. Come on, let's do this." Darius grab Kid's arm and made him sit.

"Why did you bring her here with you? I--"

"Oh Kid, shut up!" Chino came from the kitchen with the food he prepared. He placed it on the center table and we started to do our stuffs.

I sat two chairs away from Kid and
still think that I can't work from here.

I inwardly sighed. I think he hates me because of what happened to his beloved Athena. I don't get why the anger is boiling up directly to me? Did he forget the fact that I am in any way not involved with it and that I was only mistaken as Athena and that it almost ended my peaceful life? How can he be so unreasonable?

Our Graduation Ceremony came and Kid did not attend. Although, he saved himself from failing a subject, he wasn't able to stood up, get dressed and attend.

"That guy is fucked up. We have given him enough time to cope. He should've helped himself move on." Chino once said.

My father was so ready that day when he thought I'm coming with him back to Kalibo for summer when I changed my mind in the last minute. I am so bothered by the fact that Kid hates me. I needed to see him.

There, one rainy afternoon I came to his house, banging the door loudly.

Kid pulled the door opened and was surpised to see me, all wet from the rain.

He cursed and made me entered his house. He closed the door and went directly to his room. He came back with a towel. He unwillingly handed it to me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" he hissed.

"I want to know why you hate me so much." I lightly replied.

He embarked a laugh with some sarcasm.

"You ruined everything." he started. I know he's about to get serious.

"She thought so much about you. I was too late to save her."

I blinked slowly as I watched him carefully. His eyes were bloodshot. But then he continued.

"The last memory of her in my arms, keeps haunting me every sleeping nights."

"We planned everything ahead. I couldn't attend graduation alone. We could've gone together."

"...she was my life."

Tears pooled in my eyes. My heart broke for him.

From there I couldn't talk. I don't know what to tell him. I truly am sorry.

"How can I take your pain away?" I gently asked. I don't know why I said that.

He shook his head.