You're losing your patience

For the past eight years, there were no mornings that I don't think of Kid Ongpauco. So to wake up next to him this morning seems like a dream. A dream I don't what to end. But I know better.

I always wondered what he's been doing or is he trying to find me or that... if he had felt something for me at all. Though the third thought seems so impossible. There were also days when I badly want to find him and let him meet Gracey. But in the end, I know that I couldn't take the pain away from my daughter if he rejects her. My daughter doesn't deserve that. But yesterday, I'm happy to know he loved and accepted Gracey. Just like that. Now I'm having regrets for not telling him earlier...

Oh well.

I tried to close my eyes remembering the feeling I felt when I admitted to him that I like him. That was a funny memory. A painful funny one. Eight years. That's too long. I don't even know a lot about him then even until now. We were never in relationship, I was just someone he used... to whatever his reasons were.

But I accepted that I love him, I just hate it that it's there because it shouldn't be. The problem is that, it's been too long but I have not tamed it enough to fade.

I caressed his face as I watch him in deep sleep. The warmth of his body next to me, melted all my thoughts.

I want to check on Gracey right now but he is all over me, I can't move. He had put me to bed after what happened to the balcony. He told me to sleep and we'll talk today.

Moments later, I felt him moved and then he opened his eyes. I was reluctant to smile. I tried to move away but he held me tighter.

"Uhmm."

"Where are you going?" He hoarsed.

"I'm going to check Gracey... Now if you don't mind." I tried to remove his arms around me.

"Let's go check her together." He stood up and dragged me out.

"I'll take a shower first." He said.

I nodded. "I'll take mine too, I'll go now."

He said nothing and just walked inside the bathroom. I, on the other hand went back to our house.

I checked the wall clock in the living room. It's past 6 am. I should be preparing breakfast by now.

I quickly showered first and fixed myself. When I went to Gracey's room, she's not there anymore. I went downstairs and found her in the kitchen with Kid. My baby is in her jammies and Kid looks so fresh now after his shower.

My father was in the living room and having coffee and listening to his radio when he saw me. I went near him, kissed his cheeks and greeted him good morning.

He told me to go on and help Kid and Gracey.

I walked through the kitchen but I did not announce my presence yet. They were conversing.

"Baby, who prepares breakfast for you?" Kid asked Gracey.

"It's always mama, papa. But I help her whenever I wake up early. But when she went to the Metro to find you, Picco Lolo prepares me the food. But mama's pancakes are the best. Picco Lolo only prepares me bacons and cheesecake. Mama also prepares my lunch and drives me to school. She picks me up at 2pm and then Picco Lolo will put me to sleep as mama goes to work. Her work starts at 3pm. I don't know why. Cindy told me her mama wakes up very early because her mama's work starts by 8. But maybe they have different work."

Kid laughed. "You talk too much, anak."

He seems to be happy with Gracey. I faked a cough to make my presence known. They both turned to me.

"Mama! Mama!" My little girl jumped off me. She's so heavy that I lost my balance. Good thing, Kid was there to hold us both. My little girl isn't so little anymore.

"Sorry. But thank you." I told Kid after I recovered.

"You're heavier already baby, don't jump to mama like that again."

Gracey chuckled and apologized to me.

"Sorry mama, I was too excited! Mama because it's summer, I won't have to go to school right? Can I come to papa at the field, we'll go horseback. I love that! I ask Picco Lolo last week but he told me to wait for you. But you have work so you can't come. Maybe papa and I can play. Is that okay papa?"

"Of course baby! You know how to horseback? Is that safe for you? Oh, let's prepare the table now."

I moved in the counter. "I'll do it." I left them as they continued on chatting.

I can see Gracey's excitement to spend her days with his father. I smiled at her. I'm happy she's happy!

The breakfast was ready. I was about to call my father but he's not in the living room anymore.

"Ay, I'll call Picco Lolo. Maybe he's in the backyard, feeding Oliver and the chicken." And just like that she disappeared. I was left with Kid.

"Who's Oliver?" He asked.

"Ah. It's our husky dog."

He nodded.

"Uhm, Kid. I want to talk to you about Athena."

His eyes shivered by the mere mention of her. And now, he looked pissed. I looked away and sighed.

"I know you're still hurting and still wish to get even with me although I still don't get the point why because basically, I have nothing to do with her, I even almost had myself killed because of her, it should be the other way around. But I trust that you spare Gracey from that revenge? You can hurt me all you want, until I die. But not Gracey. I'll fight for her."

I saw his jaw hardened and his face is so dark right now.

"Is that how you greet me in the morning, Cha?"

"...You. Insulted me in every way possible, Chareena." He breathed.