Maybe they had to take some time

There was nothing I could do.

I was forced to go to Atty. Silva's office the next morning. I think I have to finish everything first before I could finally go home.

My father expressed his dismay through text. He said Gracey was so excited to see me again, she's even up to surprise me with a customized cake. I sighed. Blame your dad.

Kid picked me up that morning even when we didn't agree to meet. He said it's convenient for me to go with him to save public ride fare. I did not argue further.

Eight years. Isn't that enough for everything to just forgotten? Isn't that enough to move on? Why does it keeps haunting me, scaring me? Why does it always have to show up in my door?

I did not talk to him the whole ride. I would feel his stare from time to time but I'd ignore it. I should.

He will never be healthy for me. What does he mean by saying he's just starting yet, anyway? Of course he means he hates me. He might be planning to get rid of me.

Thinking about the past to repeat itself is making me exhausted.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at Atty. Silva's office. He handed me the documents needed for the transfer of property to Kid. I signed everything I needed to sign. If Mrs. Ching is here, she would've scold me. But this is his son, anyway.

and Gracey is her granddaughter.

I expelled a deep air from my lungs.

The meeting was short. I did not expect the process would be this fast. Atty. Silva shook my hand after we ended.

I walked out the room and I could feel Kid behind me.

"Thank you for this, Chareena."

I nodded. "There's no need to. It rightfully belongs to you."

I plan to take a public ride from here but he offered to drive me to where I'd go next. I refused but he was persistent.

"You can drop me by the BGC, I'll have lunch with Sabina." I said while he starts the engine.

"Good. I'll have mine there, too."

I looked at him in surprise. He pouted.
"I'll apologize to Sabina too. I ignored her last night."

I shrugged off my shoulder. Whatever.

Sabina was completely surpised to see me with Kid. I could see how prejudicial she looked at me.

"He said he wants to aplogize." I said while I try to sit in front of her. Kid sat beside me.

"Hi Sabina. I ignored you last night. My bad, I was just mad. I'm sorry."

Sabina nodded fast. "It's okay. I understand. I felt the atmosphere was off last night between you, two. But I guess you already make up?"

Why does it sound like we have a thing?

Kid chuckled. Sabina laughed.

What's funny?

We were ordering when I received a phone call from my daughter.

My eyes widened and I was shaking while I try to excuse myself.

I went outside to answer my phone.

"Baby."

"Mama!" Gracey was so energetic. "I missed you!"

"I miss you more, anak. I'm going home tomorrow."

"Is that for real? Or are you gonna cancel it again?" She chuckled. She sounded like her father awhile ago.

I smiled. "No baby. For real."

"How about papa? Did you find him?"
She said in a hopeful tone.

Should I lie?

"I'm sorry, baby."

She had a long pause before she spoke again. "Okay mama. See you then. I love you."

"I love you too." I said disappointingly before I hung up.

When I came back, the food was already served.

"Who called?" Kid asked.

I looked at him and then, Sabina before I turned back to him.

"My dad. I'm returning home tomorrow."

He nodded. "In Kalibo, right?" He said while we start eating.

"Yes."

"I'm coming with you." He said.

My brows furrowed. "Why?"

"Ugh, I'd like to visit my mother's place. I heard she has an ancestral house there."

Mrs. Ching's house is just in front of my house. What a life.

Gracey will be more than happy to see her papa.

"I'll pick you up at 6am tomorrow. Will that be okay?"

I could only nod.