chapter one [✔️]

I am editing this story, which is why there will be a tick next to the chapter. This will signify that i have went over this chapter to reassure it up to the standards I like. Thank you for reading this authors note, and enjoy reading the chapter

   edited; 07/08/16 – British date. 7th August

   ✖️✖️✖️

//Logan P.O.V\\

A cold winters night, is one of the best nights ever. This is where you get hot chocolate, whipped cream, marshmallows, and to make it better —sprinkles on top.

I am currently sitting on the sofa watching, The Nightmare Before Christmas. This is one of my favorite films of all time, since I can remember. The only reason I am watching it, is because my little brother Chase, isn't feeling well, so we are having a movie marathon.

My younger brother Chase is 12. I'm 17, which means – because of such a small age gap – we get along but that's every once in a while. We can have a laugh but then I say something or he says something, then we can start an argument.

"Logan. Im going toliet, then can we watch another film?" Chase asked and I nodded.

"Im gonna make another hot chocolate. Want one?" I ask being thoughtful

"Yes please but without marshmallows please" he says and I nod.

I uncross my legs, and walk to the kitchen. As I walk through the hall, I look up at the wall. And see a photo of me and my dad when I was 6.

My dad died of a disease, when I was 6. I was upset for like 2 years if my life. My mom said that he went on a long holiday and that one day we will go see him, but not till were old.

I didn't understand at first but now in older, I understand it a lot better. Its not the same without him now on father's day. Its like a day were all: me, chase and my mom, are just there look blankly at the walls.

I feel something wet come down my face. I moved my hand up and placed it on my cheek and realize I'm crying. I dry my eyes and walk to the kitchen and put the kettle on. I grab two new cups and start to put in the coca and boil the kettle. I turn around to see my brother jump of the stairs.

"What the hell" I say running to him

"I can fly" he says "I'm gonna be sick"

"Bathroom now" I said and he nods walking rather quickly to the bathroom.

I walk back to the kitchen then the phones rings, I turn my head to the phone but didn't answer it, so I took my attention back to making the hot chocolate. I pour the hot water and grab the whipped cream and place that on top adding marshmallows on mine with sprinkles and just sprinkles on chases.

After making the drinks, I slowly walk back over to the living room with the hot chocolate and place them on the table and call back that number.

*ring ring ring*

"Hello?" I asked

"Hi. Is this Logan White?" A unfamiliar voice asks. It was deep but wasn't too deep, meaning it was around a teenager, I placed my hand on the table and start to tap my fingers.

"Yes. Who is this?" I ask rather concerned

"Someone that's you'll soon meet. Bye for now" the voice on the phone says and then hangs up.

I move the phone away from my ear and place it on the table and I have a urge to run to the bathroom and knock the door, so I did, "Chase. You alright?" I say and all I hear is a little yes.

"Come out here now" I say and then he walks out and runs into my arms

"I feel like sh- can I say it" he says and I nod. "Like shit" he says. I just stand there stroking his hair.

"Come on little man. Let's drink our drinks and go to sleep" I say and he nods, running into the living room, jumping on the sofa.

"Slow down. Don't want to be sick do you" I chuckle

I sit down on the sofa and drink my hot/cold chocolate. I scoup up a marshmallow and offered it Chase and he took it without hesitating.

"Thought you didn't want one" I laugh and he giggles getting up of the sofa.

I place my cup on the table. I'll clean it in the morning. And start to walk up stairs, trailing behind chase.

I walk into his room with him and tuck him up, I give him a kiss on the forehead and start to walk out.

"Logan, can you stay till I fall asleep I'm scared" he says. I turn around and walk over and sit on his bed with him. I move his head and place it on my chest and play with his hair.

"Why you scared little man" I ask

"Because there this man that's in my dreams and he says he's coming after you"

"He's not. What does he say"

"I can't say. Hell hurt me"

"Come on tell me"

"Hell hurt me though. Please don't make me say"

"Okay" I whisper and then I hear light snores. I look down at chase and see he's asleep.

I slowly move his head onto his pillow and get up of his bed. I turn on his night light and walk out shutting his door.

I walk past my moms room and see she's pasted out on her bed, so I pull her door too.

I open my door and shut it and walk to my bed. I change into my PJ's and get into bed.

I slowly fall to sleep.

-

'Chase come on, night time. No more hiding' I shout looking around the house for him.

I walk upstairs and see his door open.

'I'm gonna get you ch- who are you' I say looking at a man who was there looking at a empty bed.

'Where's my brother. What did you do' I shout.

He slowly turns his head to me. I catch a glimps of his lips and hair. Bright red lips that match his hair.

'Forget me' he says walking to the window opening it and stands on the ledge 'Not'.

---

Vote?