20 Friends - Soulmates

(y/n)'s POV continued

He marched straight up to my father and looked him dead in the eye. My heart dropped the second I realized what he was doing.

"Hello sir" He began to speak with a very serious tone, but still respectfully "We're leaving now, and I'm taking your daughter with me. She will not be marrying Kai, she can stay with me and I'll provide her with all the she needs, since you seem to be so damn burdened by her." he turns his head to the women standing behind my father and says "So you don't have to worry about sharing money." He looks back at my father and continues "Your wife entrusted me to take care of her because she didn't expect much from you. Unlike you, I will be loyal to her and keep my promise."

The whole room went dead silent. I had never seen my father left so speechless before. After finishing his speech, Jungkook walked passed my father and was head to the door, while still holding onto my arm. Kai stood there in shock, waiting for my dad to speak up or do something, anything.

"I'm so sorry sir, I think he's lost his mind. He's usually not..." Jin's was cut short

"Jungkook wait." Father called out causing JK to stop instantly. "Do you actually believe that she will be happier with you?" He genuinely asked

Jungkook didn't turn around, but replied "No sir, I can't grantee that. It's pretty obvious that I don't have much to offer. But one things for sure, that I'll never abandon her like you just did." Once again leaving him speechless, Jungkook left the house, and his hyungs and Jeongyeon came running after.

"Jungkook!" Jin yelled with a stone cold face

Jungkook gulped and slowly turned around "H-hyung, I had to, he was gonna..." Jin hugged Jungkook causing him to shut up

"Good job" Jin said with a charming smile, and Jungkook's relaxed into a similar expression as his hyungs. Then Jin turned to me and warmly smiled, then looked back and Jungkook "Are you ready to handle the responsibility you just took upon yourself."

"Of course! It's not a big deal." He was quick to answer.

"Don't worry, I'm going to get my own job soon." I said

"We'll worry about that later." Jungkook ruffled my hair.

"You bastard! Where do you think your going?!" Kai yelled running towards Jungkook. He grabbed his collar "You think your real tough don't you? Well why don't we finally settle things, right here and now, with now help from your little squad." He raged

"Kai! Let him go!" My dad yelled out

"But..."

"Just let him go." He repeated, and looked down in shame.

I felt so pained seeing him like that, yet at the same time, so greatful to have someone as caring as Jungkook in my life. The emotions where so overwhelming and contradicting, I didn't know what to think anymore. I found myself wishing my mom was here, because she always knew what the right thing to do was.