Out In The Open

Amelia was up and out of the house early in the morning. Having booked the morning off she decided to go exploring to the closest town to run errands. As soon as she stepped into the city she began to rush through her errands of sending letters, shopping and looking for a new seamstress.  It was a nice feeling to be alone with her thoughts in a new place. It was just what she needed.

Amelia was heading down a long windy street when a gentlemen stepped out in front of her. Amelia bumped head first into his chest.

"Excuse me!" She breathed as she took a step back. Looking up she saw a slightly tan gentleman with slicked back hair and a thick dark tash.

"Ah no problem miss!" He smiled, his delicious Italian accent dripping with confidence.

Amelia smiled up at him as she straightened her basket. Side stepping him she carried on down the street, fixing her hair as she did so.

Just as she spotted the seamstress she found a hand snaking across her mouth, another pulling her back into a dark shop door way. The basket she was holding falling to the floor

"Scream and I'll cut your throat" he hissed as he pressed a knife to her throat.

Amelia knees instantly went weak and the man had to support her "Look-look I have money, I can give you whatever you need" she cried, blinking away the hot tears.

A soft chuckle came from the mans lips behind her "Oh my love, I don't need your money" and he swept her back into the shop front.

—-
Amelia was forced into complete darkness. The coat she was wearing was shredded with a knife at her feet. Heels that she loved where lost on her fight to break free.

Tied up in nothing but her dress she felt exposed. Even in the dark room Amelia knew that she was in a cellar, probably underneath the shop she had been dragged in. The cold was already biting at her skin but the adrenalin she was feeling was enough to ensure she didn't notice.

From the left corner she saw a flame flicker and a deep red orb burn. Her captor was smoking in the corner. It reminded her of Tommy.

Amelia swallowed a sob and tried to free her wrists. The more she struggled the more the rope bit into her skin.

"It's no use Miss Crostwell" he chided from the darkness. "You won't be able to escape"

"Please- let me go! I'll give you whatever you want. I have money!" She pleaded, the desperation hanging in the air between them.

A throaty laugh came from the corner and he stepped forward to reveal himself once again.

"Oh my sweet, I don't need money. I need Mr Shelby to take our deal seriously. As soon as he does you will be set free, back to him"

Amelia suddenly stopped fighting, all she could hear was her own breathing as she panicked.

"Back to him? You have this all wrong. I'm not Mr Shelby's. I just help the family every now and then" again she pleaded for reason. Amelias eyes began to fill with tears and she hated herself for being so weak.

Suddenly her captors face was before hers, his anger present.

"I don't like liars" and he tutted before slicing her thigh. Amelia's scream echoed throughout the cellar as she begged for him to leave her alone.

—-

Arthur ran as fast as he could down watery lane but he felt like it wasn't quick enough. Slamming his way into the betting den he threw himself into Tommy's office.

Panting he ignored the confused stares from Polly and pushed for his brother. Grabbing Tommy by the jacket he forced himself to breathe.

"Just got word from from the Italians. They've took one of ours they said, they fucking took her Tom"