eleven.

eleven.

Scribbling down on the notebook that laid on the counter. Music played lightly in the background. The room was a calm setting as Pru sat at the kitchen island looking down at her notes. She had been studying some things Hank had given her. For the last two months she had been making up for the sessions in the academy that she never got to finish. Hank was determined for her to finish up what she didn't get to a few years ago. He wanted the best for her and he kept pushing to motivate her. Hank had set up with the academy a way for Pru to be working and getting everything she needed done with them. And now she was closer to being able to take her final exam. The girl was rather excited about getting the official officer title. To officially be a part of the intelligence unit.

Pru was in the middle of highlighting a sentence when Jay came out of his room. The two still had some tenseness between them. They never fell back into their same routine. Pru would make dinner and all but then they'd go their separate ways after. Barely talking to each other at work and at home. The two both had visible dark circles starting to form under their eyes. But they wouldn't admit that they needed to fix what was going on between them. Clearly they both had their own feelings to share with one another but they were too chicken to spill their hearts out to one another. But last night they were actually able to get some sleep when Jay slept on the floor next to the couch without saying anything. Pru heard him then turned around on the couch to see him getting the most comfortable he could on the ground. And then they had peacefully fallen asleep. It was a work in progress.

Jay had placed his badge around his neck, causing the girl to turn her attention onto him. While he shrugged his jacket on she looked at him confused. He caught her eyes to then force a small smile in her direction.

"I got to go. Hailey just found McGrady. He died from his wounds. I have to head down to the scene." Jay said as he started to make his way towards the door.

"Wait. I'll go with you." Pru said unexpectedly as she slid off of her chair.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." Jay trailed off unsure.

"Jay. Just let me go. I want to make sure Hailey's okay." Pru told him as she looked at him with pleading eyes. He sighed as she grabbed her jacket.

"Alright. Let's go." Jay announced.

+

"You're driving is terrible." Pru commented as she clutched onto her stomach for a second.

"Everyone bashes my driving." Jay complained as they began to walk towards the flashing blue lights that surrounded the crime scene.

"Maybe because you suck at it." Pru brought up as he rolled his eyes. The light joking the way over made the tension between them lift slightly. Creating a content feeling of relief and happiness around them.

Pru scanned the scene as her eyes fell onto her sister. Hailey's eyes were watered as she stood with Hank. Her focus on the man in front of her while he continued to argue with her. The heated argument had ended once Hank walked away. Pru jogged over to where her sister stood, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Hails." Pru let out as Hailey laid her eyes on her sister. Holding back her tears as Pru pulled her into a hug. Comforting her as best as she could in the moment.