sixteen.

*warning. This chapter is a very touchy one that includes a few vague mentions of serious subjects. please be advised while you read*

The sound of machines echoed throughout the hospital. Hailey paced around the brightly lit halls. She tried to call Jay to let him know what was going on but he declined each call. Hailey had no idea what was going on with Pru. The ambulance had come and she went on the ride to the hospital then they took Pru away. Hailey had gone back to wait in the waiting area with the team who all shared the same exhausted look on their faces. It had been a long day and now it was extended. What they thought was a good ending note really took a turn for the worst.

"You all don't have to stay here. You need to get some rest. I can call when I know something." Hailey told everyone.

"No. We're a team. We stick together." Kevin said.

"A team that all still will have work tomorrow. I promise I'll let you all know when I hear something." Hailey assured as they all hesitated. Grabbing their jackets everyone gave Hailey a hug before they left. Hank decided to stay behind just so Hailey wasn't alone and so he could be there for Pru.

Will Halstead was walking by as Hailey shot up from her seat. Rushing over to him to see if he knew anything about her sister.

"Will? Do you know what's going on with Pru?" Hailey asked. The man shook his head with a frown on his face.

"I haven't been able to get any word on Pru yet. Doctor Manning is still with her I believe." Will informed Hailey.

"Have you heard from Jay? He won't answer my calls. I figured he would want to know what's going on but he keeps ignoring me." Hailey told the older Halstead brother.

"I can try to get into contact with him. But if he won't answer you, he probably won't answer me." Will spoke truthfully.

"Pru?" Dr. Manning's voice interrupted as Hank made his way over to Hailey and the two doctors.

"Hailey, your sister is stable and awake now. But unfortunately Pru experienced a miscarriage. We had to remove the fetus. Aside from some of the stress she was under, she had hormonal irregularities. And we believe the main problem that caused the miscarriage was the father's sperm. It seemed to go unnoticed at the first checkup. Right now we just advise her to rest. We would like to keep her here for observations. Just to be cautious because she's dealing with this emotionally, which is normal. Doctor Reese is currently in the room with her to just talk with her. I just think comforting her and making sure she's comfortable right now is what's best." Dr. Manning explained. Hailey sadly nodded as Hank placed his hand on Hailey's shoulder for support.

+

Hailey laid in the hospital bed with her sister while she brushed her fingers through her hair. The tv played in the background to drown out the silence in the room. A knock sounded in the doorframe as Adam poked his head in. He held up a bag and swayed it.

"I got a Belgian waffle with vanilla ice cream, strawberries and whip cream for a special someone. With a chocolate milk and..." Adam paused as he stuck his hand into the bag and pulled a movie case out.

"Peter Pan." Adam wiggles his eyebrows as Pru smiled and sat up straighter in her spot.

"You're the best." Pru commented as he pulled a chair over by the bed. Placing the food down on the bed tray. Hailey smiled seeing her sister happy. Moving out of the bed, Hailey pointed outside towards the hall.