three.

three.

"Can you explain to me why the hell my sister is in here?" Hailey snapped as Hank grimaced. Pru scoffed while Hailey looked between her sister and boss. Clearly Hailey wasn't that fond of the idea of her sister being in the interrogation room at that moment. But Pru could say that she felt the same way about Hailey being in there with them. In fact she felt that way about knowing Hailey was even in the same building as her in that very moment.

"Hailey, I'd advise you to step out." Hank calmly spoke.

"Not until I get some answers." Hailey stood her ground. Crossing her arms over her chest in a demanding manner. That led to Pru shaking her head in annoyance as her hands met the table.

"I'm sorry, Hank. I don't think I can help you." Pru apologized as she went to stand up from her spot.

"No. Stay." Hank said to Pru as he stood up from his chair and looked at Hailey.

"You, outside with me, now." Hank demanded as Hailey walked out into the hall with Hank. He closed the door behind him before walking away. Hailey followed her boss down the hall to the doorway of the bullpen when Hank turned around to look at her.

"You can't be barging into my interrogation room, demanding anything." Hank sternly told his detective.

"Voight, she's my sister." Hailey said.

"And clearly she has some beef with you right now. She was willing to give us information for this case. You might have just jeopardized that." Hank's voice rose as Hailey flinched.

+

Pru knelt over the trash can, emptying the contents of her stomach. When she was feeling slightly better she slid down on the cold tiled ground. She rested her still covered head on the dark wall behind her. Hank Voight made his way back into the room. He sent a concerned look her way as she looked up at him, keeping her hand on her cheek to cover it as her hair fell a little away from her face when she looked up. The man pulled a chair over towards her as he sat down.

"I have to know, are you still going to cooperate?" Hank wondered as Pru's eyes wandered to the one way mirror. She let out a sigh as she looked down at her hands.

"You know I can't now." Pru looked at Hank.

"The girl I met four years ago wanted to become a cop. She wanted to do the right thing and not let anything stop her from doing that." Hank brought up as the girl's eyes started to water up as she thought back onto a few years ago.

"I don't think I ever had a chance of being a cop." Pru weakly admitted as Hank frowned.

"Don't doubt yourself like that. You were a few training's shy of graduating the academy. I don't know what happened but I do know that you were good at what you did." Hank told the girl as she smiled sadly.

"I think that deep down inside you still want to change your life and finish what you started. That you still want to do the right thing. I can help you. I know you may have fallen down the wrong path and got mixed up with bad people, but there's still hope for you. Pru, we really need this information." Hank tried to talk her into helping.

"Hank, I can't. I thought I could, but I can't." Pru's eyes began to well up more with tears as she shook her head.

"He's the only person I have." Pru cried out, Hank grabbed her hand to hold.

"When I gave you that card, it meant that I was going to be there for you. If you needed help, I was going to do anything in my power to help you. You have me." He told her. The blonde girl's legs were tucked up to her chest as she cried. He stood up and went to leave the room, but not before stopping at the door.

"How far along are you?" Hank asked as Pru tried to wipe away her tears.

"I don't know. A couple of weeks?" Pru replied as Hank nodded then closed the door behind him.

+

Hailey had stood on the other side of the glass when Hank had went back in to the interrogation room. The door opened as Jay walked in. He nodded, closing the door behind him and he stepped by the window. Hailey kept her eyes on her sister who sat on the floor near Hank.

"So, that's your sister?" Jay questioned as Hailey silently nodded.

"I mean, I kind of see it now. I guess she looks like you maybe if you had a ball cap on." Jay commented peering over at Hailey. She held a solid, stern facial expression while she listened to Voight and Pru talking.

"How come she doesn't seem like your number one fan at the moment?" Jay couldn't help but ask.

"I left her alone at home. I wanted to become a cop. Same dream she had herself. But she still had to finish up school and I had to go into the academy if I wanted to get where I am today. I was the only one she had left because our brother's didn't hesitate to take off when they got the chance. We had a tough life growing up once we hit our teen years especially. She was just the unfortunate one since she was the youngest. It meant that she still had to endure a lot." Hailey started to tell Jay a bit of their background.

"It's not like I could've taken her with me when I left. She was only 17 so she wasn't legally an adult yet. I stayed in that house for as long as I did because of her. To protect her. But she had one more year. Just one. So I thought, hoped, that she would be fine on her own. She hates me and I don't blame her." Hailey said.

"Don't say that. How do you know she hates you? She might still feel hurt, but that doesn't mean she hates you." Jay told Hailey.

"Well, I hate myself. I knew everything that happened in that house. And I was her older sister. I was supposed to protect her." Hailey said.

Edited: 5/9/2021