thirty seven.

thirty seven.

The Windy city hadn't yet failed it's name. A warm breeze blew through the air. The warmness hitting the cheeks of the two intelligence members outside the apartment building, waiting for their other partners and Kelly Severide to show up. Adam and Pru leaned against their car as they looked around. Pru sipping on her coffee with her sunglasses resting on the bridge of her nose. The girl turned to look at Adam who twirled his toothpick around in his mouth with his sunglasses on. Pru let out a laugh as a thought came to her head. The laugh grabbed his attention as she could see his forehead crinkle.

"What?" He asked in confusion.

"You look like you're a wannabe Maverick. A complete try hard Top Gun cosplayer." Pru giggled as Adam's nose scrunched up. Grabbing his glasses and whipping them off.

"That's rude." Adam scrunched his brows as he looked at the girl.

"Well, you look like a knock-off Barbie." Adam said as Pru gasped, hand to her heart.

"One. Ouch. Two. Don't call me, Barbie. And I look like I'm straight out of a music video. What do you mean?" Pru flipped her hair as she pushed her sunglasses down a bit to look at Adam.

"What? So Jay is the only one who can call you Barbie? That's not fair." Adam whined.

"I don't make the rules. Or I do?" Pru shrugged and wiggles her eyebrow. Adam playfully shoved her which caused her to laugh.

"What's up with you two anyway?" Adam wondered as Pru sighed.

"I don't know. We kind of know how the other feels. And we express how we feel for the other. but it's not official." Pru informed Adam.

"Well, he'd be stupid not to put a label on it. You guys just work." Adam told the girl who did a small nod to what he had said.

"It's just clearly a rough time right now. And I told him I was there for him because I am. But he's Jay. He wants to do everything himself. He needs this for himself, at least that's what he thinks." Pru said.

"You two will be fine. There's always bumps on the way." Adam assured.

+

"The first body was found in here, inside the door." Kelly Severide pointed out as Jay, Hailey, Pru, and Adam followed him into the charcoaled apartment.

"Well, if he came in through the hallway, security let him in." Adam told them.

"Security knew him." Jay said.

"I mean, that slightly seems like it fits with Carlos, right?" Pru asked.

"Second body was found in bed there. Arson said the body was prone. Guy never got up." Kelly informed the four intelligence members.

"Alright, so the offender comes in, takes security out of the equation, moves in here. Torres is asleep. He takes him out nice and easy. Starts a fire here unaware that Jane Doe is hiding." Adam starts to run them through his theory. Pru decided to slip away with her flashlight as she made her way down towards another room which seemed to be a custodial closet. The small room had a window with a broken shade. Curious, the girl took her gloved hand and yanked the shade up completely. Noticing that the lock was broken, she pushed the window open. Peering out to see the fire escape of the other building that was close to the one she was in. Looking up to see how far the roof to the other building was to see it pretty close. It was a small jump to the window she was at but a person could definitely get into it without anyone realizing. Raising an eyebrow at what she had come across.