Chapter Thirty-Three

Alvis walks in with Lady Bullard as she drapes her hand on his arm and an older man nods his head to Alvis.

"Alvis and what of the true king?"

"will be here with his wife shortly." the man bows his head and asks sounding intrigued.

"and this young beauty."

"Lady Bullard of the east."

"Alvis..." the man lowers his voice sounding angry and Alvis nods his head as he states

"I follow my true king's orders..." Alvis nods his head and walks away with the girl and the man turns staring the girl down with disdain as she asks sounding worried.

"why, why was he so angry?"

"because the Bullards are crooks..." Lord Cullen states sounding a bit drunk and lady Bullard asks sounding upset.

"crooks? we are poor, we have nothing"

"is that what your father says?" lord Cullen laughs out and motions to the girl.

"don't feel bad girl my father has lied to me as well for a long time. clearly we both have shitty parents"

"bash..." he lifts his eyes seeing his father and his mother walk forward and lord Cullen bows his head showing respect.

"father."

his father skims his eyes over his son and comments.

"try not to embarrass me, like last year." Lord Cullen nods his head lowering his head showing respect and his father motions to Alvis.

"lord Alvis  if you can keep my son out of the spotlight." Alvis smiles and watches Cullen's parent walk off as lady Bullard asks.

"that was your father.?" Lord Cullen nods his head as he motions to her.

"so mother says..." Lord Cullen lets out a small laugh and motions to lady Bullard.

"so how much do you know about what your father did to the Galvins?"

"nothing it wasn't until Alvis told me about their relationship that I even knew my father was a Galvin knight."

"he wasn't a knight he was a General." lord Cullen corrects her and turns his head.

"Are you telling me your father didn't even have the balls to tell you he stole Galvin money?"

"I assume he regrets it..." lord Cullen laughs and nudges her as he whispers.

"no one would regret stealing from the Galvins you just have to be smart..." Lord Cullen motions to her and stares forward as he eyes some lords come up to them.

"This, this is Lady Bullard from a very wealthy family in the east with poor financial choices..."

the lord laughs and motions to lord Cullen as he comments.

"oh I see what you did there Cullen..." the man lets out a laugh and pats the girl on the shoulder as he laughs out.

"poor financial choices..." the man motions to the Cullen boy and comments.

"you kill me young Lord Cullen..." the man moves to his right disappearing into a crowd and lord Cullen motions to lady Bullard as he comments.

"It is all about presentation. make them laugh off your family's poor choices. laughter is better than anger." 

Lady Bullard glances noticing Alvis disappeared and asks.

"where is Alvis?"

"Galvin business probably, shall we dance?" he motions to the floor and lady Bullard asks.