Your Love is Magical...(A Michael Jackson Love Story)

PROLOGUE:

I played with the zippers on my backpack, waiting for the final bell. The first day of second grade was extremely awkward. I'd just moved to California this past summer. So far, I met no one. An energetic boy was surrounded by our new classmates across the room. His nametag read Michael. But everyone seemed to know who he was already. My face lit up in recognition. He was our new neighbor! My mother and his talked a lot once we moved in. Feeling more confident, I walked over. Some girl smiled at me. "He's Michael Jackson!" I looked at her, a little confused. "Oh." Why was his last name so important? He was just Michael. Like I was just Lily. Michael's smile was genuine. He was listening to someone's story about something unimportant, but his eyes wandered across the small crowd. They rested on me. I smiled shyly. Michael waved. The bell rang, and kids rushed to the door. I went to retrieve my backpack. Michael tapped my shoulder. "Do I know you from somewhere?" he asked. "Uh, yeah. I'm your neighbor, I think," I responded. "Cool! I'm Michael!" He was very enthusiastic. "I'm Lily." He held out his hand and I shook it. "Wanna walk home with me? My brothers probably already left," he chuckled. "Sure. You have brothers?" I didn't know that. "Yeah, Jackie, Tito, Marlon, and Jermaine, haven't you heard of us before?" I shook my head, and we started walking. "The Jackson 5, you've never heard of them?" "Never." I was really confused now. "Oh. Okay, I don't think it's important anyway." Michael pushed the subject away. We quickly make it to our street. Michael's house was huge! A car was waiting at the end of the driveway. His father leaned out the window. "Come on, boy. Hurry up and get in," he snapped. Michael hugged me, much to my surprise. "See ya tomorrow!" He ran to his car. I felt happier with a new friend, and skipped to my house.

CHAPTER 1:

It had been over 10 years since that first day. Michael and I were still friends. Best friends, actually. I walked over to his house. His family was having a party to celebrategv the release of Michael's first major solo album. I quickly adjusted to the fact that I was friends with a huge celebrity. But that didn't matter to me. He still made time for us. I walked through the gates of Hayvenhurst and into the main house. I was immediately embraced by his mother, Katherine. "It's good to see you, Lily!" I kissed her cheek kindly. "Nice to see you too, Mother. Where's Michael?" I looked around the room. "He's over by the fountain, sweetie." I nodded and crossed the room. Michael was sitting next to La Toya. He glanced up. "Lily!" he squealed, standing. "Mikey!" I loved his hugs. "Thanks for coming," he said. I frowned a bit. "You cut your hair?" I ran my hand over his short hair. Michael's face dropped. "You don't like it?" I smirked. "I love it." He bit his lip and looked at the ground. My heart fluttered for a second. We talked for a few minutes. It was getting louder and louder as more people arrived. "Wanna see what I did upstairs?" he asked. Without an answer, he grabbed my hand and led me through the people and up the staircase.

CHAPTER 2:

We went down the hall. I could always tell which room was Michael's. His door was bright red. We entered his bedroom. There were pictures of people on the walls. But one collage caught my eye. It was above the head of his bed. I leaned on his sheets to get a closer look. It was pictures of me, some with Michael, most without. "I bring it with me when I travel." Michael's soft voice startled me. He was kneeling next to me. His eyes met mine intensely. "It's your birthday today, right?" "Yeah." I looked at his hands. He held a necklace. "Well, then happy 21st birthday. May I?" He gestured to my neck. His cool fingers brushed against my skin when he went to put it on me. I shivered, not taking my eyes off his. He lowered his arms when he finished. I couldn't take this anymore. The tension was too much. I leaned forward, closed my eyes, and pressed my lips gently to his.

CHAPTER 3:

It was like fireworks went off in my chest. His lips were warm and soft. This felt so right. Michael's hands hesitantly caressed my face. I moved closer, wanting to feel the heat of his body near mine. Had I really been holding these feelings in so long? Michael gently pushed me on my back so he was hovering over me. I opened my eyes. He was right there. I pulled back, but held onto his red shirt. "Michael..." I whispered. He backed up. "Sorry, was that too far?" he wondered aloud. "No, not at all. I didn't know you had feelings for me too," I breathed. "Always, girl. I was just waiting for the right time. But this isn't the right time. We should be downstairs." Michael led me back to the party. I mingled with other guests until they all started leaving. Michael said good-bye to each person. I waited with his family. He came over and looked awkwardly at me. "Do you need me to walk you home?" I tried to keep everything normal, but hormones made me wanna jump his bones right there. "No, silly. I live next door." He pulled me in for another hug. His mouth brushed my ear. "Come back tonight, when I flicker my bedroom light. The balcony staircase will be open," he murmured almost silently. I said my farewell to the family and strolled next door to my own house. I was tense with anticipation. Finally, the bedroom light at Hayvenhurst flickered.