Part 10: Breakfast

I glanced at Jane as we passed by the front desk. She rolled her eyes at me so I walked faster, pulling open the door with all my force and getting into the limo quickly.

The others came in after and we were completely silent, except for the occasional humming. Creative minds could not always be kept quiet.

I was the first one out of the limo as well. I hid my face from the cameras. Jackie walked me inside safely. Michael had to get the lyric sheets and tapes. He was the last one into the hotel.

I was alone in the elevator. The Jacksons went to talk to the bodyguards at the door.

The suite looked so much bigger without Michael. I noticed the bed was still unmade and giggled. Sheets and blankets were everywhere. How embarrassing.

Mike entered our room. He ran over and kissed me deeply. I was taken aback by his forcefulness. His hands slid up my back. I moaned involuntarily. He smiled against my lips.

"Michael." I paused. He pulled back. "As much as I love you, I like sleeping too."

He looked at the ground. "Sorry. I've been holding that in all day."

His disappointment made my heart drop. I slung one leg over his lap and kissed him more. "Oh who am I kidding." His hands went back to exploring me. I couldn't help but lean into him.

"Thank you so much," Michael whispered between kisses.

"Anything for you, baby." I stroked his face softly.

He laid me on my back. I kept eye contact with him as he slid over me. "Oh, lord," I let slip out. I had butterflies in my stomach.

Mike laughed deeply. I bit my lip instinctively. That deep voice always took over when we made love.

"Wait." His urgency surprised me. I watched him leap into the bathroom.

My adventurous mood deflated as the first minute passed.

'This bed is really soft,' I thought drowsily. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

***

I snapped into an upright position at the smell of something burning. "Michael?" I called out frantically. There was no answer. I scrambled out of the bed, tripping over a sheet.

"Are you okay?" that sweet voice shouted back.

"What's going on?" I got back to my feet. There was smoke coming from the small kitchen.

Michael appeared in the doorway, a frying pan in his hand. "I tried to make you breakfast," he admitted sheepishly.

"You can't cook to save your life!" I laughed. I took the pan and put it in the sink, turning the water on.

"You fell asleep when I was in the bathroom, but you looked so beautiful, so I didn't wake you." Mike flashed a smile at me.

I shoved his chest with one hand playfully. "Don't be so cheesy!"

His hands were on my waist. He rocked back and forth with me. "We should go to Studio 54 before we leave New York," he told me.

"You go to clubs?" I looked at him incredulously.

"Yeah, sometimes." He shrugged and walked back into the bedroom.

I turned off the water and followed him. "We should go tonight," I suggested. I poked his gut, wriggling my eyebrows. "Maybe you'll get lucky, buddy," I added.

"Can't wait." Michael's stomach growled. "Let's go eat breakfast at a place where I don't have to cook."

I put on a light yellow dress and went to evaluate myself in the mirror. I nodded, satisfied.