Chapter 1 - The Empress

THIRD PERSON POV

It was a sunny day in the royal palace of Galan. Palace servants were just doing their usual task when a minister came running into the court bearing great news from the battlefield.

"Your majesty! We just received news from the frontlines. We won! We won the war! We managed to take over the enemies territory with ease! Empress Elpis! THE EMPRESS HAS BROUGHT VICTORY TO THE EMPIRE!" The emperor's eyes widen and so did his empress.

"Elpis won?" The emperor whispered.

"Elpis won the war?! It's been a year since she left the empire. And now ... she finally ... she will come home ... finally. My empress ... we've done our part right." The emperor and empress hugged each other after they heard the good news.

"And ... the empress will finally come home. I have sent a messenger to inform her concubines in Galatea Palace." The emperor released his wife with a smile on his face.

"We shall prepared a banquet to welcomed her highness! After all, she did brought us victory. I shall informed this matter to the empress dowager myself." His wife hold his hand while shaking her head.

"Empress dowager shall not be inform. Don't you remember how messy it was when the empress dowager had a slight differences in opinion with her highness's imperial consort? My love, we're just the emperor and the empress in front of the people of Galan. Your sister, the true empress is the one who ruled this empire. We shall let the imperial consort deal with her welcoming banquet." The emperor nodded.

"You're right, my empress. We shall follow what the imperial consort sees fit. Beside, I don't wish to be on bad terms with her. After all, she is the empress's favourite." The emperor had sudden chill just by thinking about the imperial consort.

"My sister ... always fond of the imperial consort and she even trusted her to deal with the empire's matter while she's gone. She's been helping us with the affairs of the empire and I think we should reward her." The empress agreed.

"My dear Sophia ... what should we give her as a reward? I can't think of anything that my sister haven't given her yet." The empress was deep in thought while the ministers discussing among themselves about the victory they just obtained.

*GALATEA PALACE*

"And that was all, your highnesses." The imperial consort, Virtra wasn't expecting this amazing news at all. She turned to her sisters who was with her at the moment with a smile.

"The empress is coming home. Noble consort Grace, a banquet must be done. I'm sure you can plan it all out together with consort Elena and consort Margaux." The imperial consort smiled from ear to ear.

"So she managed to obtained victory for the empire? That sly fox. Her letters were not informative enough and now she suddenly informed us about her being victorious." Noble consort Grace cleared her throat.

"What shall be done with that concubine? I supposed we can't just dispose of her before the empress's arrival? Her time is almost up. What if she's in labour when the empress is home? A happy celebration would turn gloomy if the empress knows that one of her concubine is with child." The imperial consort almost forgot about it.

"We can't simply dispose of her. Whether we like it or now, the empress likes her. Why? I have no idea. Let her be. Let's just pray for our sister that the empress would show mercy on her, her child and that sly minister who simply walked into Galatea Palace and deflowered her." The imperial consort waved her hands for the servant to see.

"Please inform the other concubines about this news. Tell them to be prepared for the banquet." The servants nodded.

"Sisters, we've helped the fake emperor with the internal affairs in the shadows. Although I've asked about this matter before but I never received any satisfactory answers from you whom has been in court long before I did. Why did the empress choose to let her brother to take the throne? We all know that the emperor is weak. He can't even lead his people." The imperial consort faces consort Margaux.