Chapter 7

I woke up to my mum opening the curtains and the lights blinding in my eyes.

Mum: That guy next door is pretty cute you know.

Me: What?

I turn around to see no one. Simon must have left during the early morning. I look out the window to see Simon asleep in his bed.

Me: Mum, do we have any pop tarts?

Mum: I think we have strawberry ones. Would you like me to make you some?

Me: Yes please. I'm going to get dressed and I'll come down in a second.

I go over to my wardrobe and put some comfortable shorts and a hoodie. I also slide on some casual trainers and go downstairs. There I see my pop tarts on the table. I sit down and scroll through my phone. I get a message come through from Tobi, as he was the only phone number I had.

Tobi: Hey Kaylee. Can you come out with me and the guys later on?

Me: Yeh sure. Where are we meeting?

Tobi: Just meet us at the pitch. Bring Simon with you as well.

I finish eating and tell my mum that I was going to the pitch and walk a few steps to Simon's. I knock on the door and his brother opens it.

Me: Hi again Nick, me and the guys are meeting at the pitch. Is Simon in?

Nick: Yeah, ill go get him now.

He goes upstairs and about 5 minutes later Simon comes down dressed in joggers and a hoodie.

Simon: Hey Kaylee

Me: Hiya.

He gets out the door, shutting it behind him and we walk to the pitch.

Simon: How's your head?

Me: It's not that bad. Why?

Simon: You were absolutely fucked last night.

Me: Really? I only had a few drinks.

Simon: And MDNA.

Me: Oh shit, really?

Simon: Yes. You're a bloody nutter.

Me: Sorry. I can get out of hand sometimes and you guys have only known me for a week.

Simon: Yeah but you're cute.

Me: Aww thank you Simon

We get to the pitch and see Tobi and Vik. We walk over to them and say Hi. We then sit down and wait for the others.

Vik: Kaylee can I borrow you for a second.

Me: Yeah sure.

I get up and walk over to Vik.

Me: What's up?

Vik: I think your mum and my dad might be a thing. He won't stop going on about her.