Chapter 39

1 month later

Today was the last day of exams. I had my last physics paper which was 1 hour 45 minutes. I've gotten used to waking up at 7am now just to get ready and into school on time.

I got up to the sound of my alarm and jumped in the shower like I usually do. After 5 minutes I get out and put on some clothes. I obviously didn't have my uniform from last year so the school wasn't that fussed about it.

I put my trainers on and run downstairs to see Simon sat in the kitchen on his phone. He didn't seem to notice me and looked quite stressed.

Me: Hey Simon. You okay?

He jumps and puts him phone down quickly and then smiles.

Simon: Yeah of course. Would you like a lift to school? Saves money on the bus.

Me: Nah it's fine. I'm pretty sure I have the money.

Simon: Come on. It'll be quicker and we can also have a quick McDonald's breakfast before your exam.

Me: Alright then. Let's go.

We go to Simon's car and get in. He starts to drive but I notice he looks quite worried.

Me: Simon, are you sure you're okay?

Simon: Erm yeah I'm fine why?

Me: You're not I can tell. What's on your mind?

Simon: I don't wanna tell you Kaylee. It'll mess up your exam. I'll tell you after, I'll pick you up okay.

Me: Okay only if you promise to tell me.

Simon: I promise.

We get to McDonald's and go inside. I order pancakes with syrup and Simon got a breakfast wrap. We sat down at a table and Simon got his phone out and started messaging someone.

Me: So I'm thinking about getting a job at that coffee shop in the middle of the town centre.

Simon: That's cool.

He didn't even bother looking at me so I just slouched back in my seat and finish eating my breakfast. Simon finally finishes and gets up. He looks at me waiting for me to get up so I do and smile at him. He just turns away and walks out to his car.

He drops me off at the school and I thank him before getting out of the car.

Simon: Do you want me to pick you up after you finished?

Me: Yes please. I should be done at 11 let's say.

Simon: Ok. I'll see you then I suppose.

Me: Bye Simon.

Simon: Bye.

He drives off and I go into the school. As everyone else was there I was placed in this little room away from noise so I make my way over there. I get there, give the invigilator my phone and we start off the exam.

After I had finished I walked out very proud. I managed to complete all the questions in time and I felt pretty confident with the answers I put. I walked out of the school and up to Simon's car.

I got closer until I made out a person sitting in the passengers seat. It was Laura. I turn around and walk the other way. I wasn't gonna let this happen.

Suddenly I get spun around by my arm by Simon. I just look at him waiting for his to give me a response as to why this bitch was sat in his car.

Simon: Look Kaylee I'm sorry.

Me: After everything you said on the fucking beach Simon. Remember that?

Simon: Yes but Kaylee I love her.

Me: I don't want to see you Simon.

Laura: Oh hey Kaylee.

She must have gotten out the car quickly. I just turn around and get my phone out to call someone.

Simon: Who are you calling?

I begin to walk away as I don't want anything to do with him.

Laura: Just leave it Si, it's probably her boyfriend that she never told you about.

I walk over to this park that was near by waiting for them to pick up the phone. Eventually he does.

Charlie: Kaylee hey. What's up?

Me: Erm can I come over please?

Charlie: Yeah of course. Do you need me to pick you up?

Me: Yes please. I'm at my school.

Charlie: Okay I'll see you soon.

I make my way back over to the school and waited for him. He got there within 20 minutes which was surprising. I got in his car and put my seatbelt on.

Charlie: Is everything okay?

Me: I'll tell you when we get to your flat.

He drives off from the school and back to his flat. The drive was pretty quiet as I just looked out the window watching the world fly by.

We get to his flat and go inside. He goes into the living room and I follow him to see Ethan, Tobi and Harry sat on the sofa.

Tobi: Oh hey Kaylee. I thought Simon was picking you up.

Me: Well I guess not.

Ethan: Did he forget about you?

I walk over and sit on a beanbag that was on the floor and facing the guys while Charlie sat on the edge of the sofa. I take a deep breath in.

Me: You guys didn't know he has a girlfriend do you?

Guys: No...

Me: Well he came to pick me up and fucking guess who was in the car with him.

By now my fists are clenched tight together.

Harry: Who?

Me: That fucking Laura girl.

Tobi: The one that sent you to hospital?

Me: Yes. But the worst thing is that last month when Simon took me to the beach he said he felt bad for everything she'd done and doesn't want anything to do with her. NOW FUCKING LOOK WHAT HES DOING!

The anger just took over me and I started crying and hit the floor multiple times. The boys all just held me down and hugged me. I was so fucking pissed off at him. Harry backs away and gets out his phone.

Me: What are you doing?

Harry: Messaging the sick fucker. He shouldn't have done that to you Kaylee.

Me: I don't want you to ruin a friendship over me. I'm sorry guys I'm probably just over reacting.

Charlie: Don't be stupid. Harry's right, we should let him know that he's hurt you.

Me: But then it'll all happen again. Last time I told him he hurt me he started shouting at me and then she sent me to hospital. I don't want that to happen again.

Harry: Erm, Kaylee I think you better look at this. It's from Simon...